Hello all , i recently joined this forum and really need a bit of help . I have been on sertraline 100mg for 20years . This was after a severe depression and anxiety episode when I ended up in hospital. I was also on an old antipsychotic called stelazine 5mg because I was experiencing paranoid delusions. I stopped taking stelazine about 5 years ago .
I was amazed at how the medication helped me to get back on my feet and live a full life .
The trouble is I still get depression / anxiety episodes every year during spring and summer , some years they are just minor and recover quickly other years like this one I am really struggling.
I spoke to my doctor about increasing sertraline to 150mg which I did and it has now been 2 weeks .
On day 3 of increase I felt like it had kicked in and felt relieved but then the next day my mood dropped again and anxiety which is still bad now . Although I have been on sertraline for 20years I have forgotten what the side affects can be like when increasing .
I am hoping it is a case of feeling worse before it gets better, which I have heard somewhere . Anxiety is worse , not feeling hungry as a result of anxiety, headaches and more depressed.
I think at the moment I just need a bit of reassurance. I have a pdoc appointment on the 8th August.