Thread: Feel terrible

Jake

Feel terrible

Hello,

For the past year or two, I haven't been myself and i don't know why. I haven't got anyone to talk to, since everyone in my family hates me, and I don't have any friends. I don't know what to do anymore, I started taking prescription drugs, they made me worse. Whenever I take codeine(s) they make me really snappy and angry, but they somehow make me feel a little bit happier, but they don't last long. When i was younger i was diagnosed with Autism (Asperger's) now as i've gotten older i just got more and more down and sad, i think im just getting worse as i get older, I just want to go to sleep and never wake up.

Hi Jake and welcome. What prescription drugs were you taking that made you feel worse? When was the last time you talked to your doctor about how you’re feeling?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hi Jake and welcome to DWD. Both my husband, son and youngest daughter have Aspergers so I have some understandings... Have you ever tried any form of therapy? Why do you say that your family hate you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Jake
    dihydrocodeine is the one that makes me feel bad

No I haven't tried therapy but i doubt that will help, and my family hate me because i'm a very angry person, so i just flip out on them and we argue 24/7
    Last edited by Paula; 31-07-18 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Merging posts - please try not to double post in short succession. Thanks

Are you on any other medications, anti depressants for instance? When did you last see your doctor?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Dihydracodine isn't for mental health issues, can I ask why you are taking it?

Jake
    it's the only thing that makes me feel happy, also i have now got an appointment with a crisis team and hopefully they will help me. thank you everyone for replying to me and actually taking your time to talk with me.

Using painkillers for MH treatment is really not a good idea, lovely. Are your doctors aware you’re doing this? When’s your appointment?

When's your appointment with the crisis team? Did you do something to cause them being involved? Have you started talking to your family about how you are feeling?