Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Not coping so well...

CaterpillarGirl
    She told me she felt that way because she didn't feel as if she had any real friends, I don't think she's getting bullied at school just having a hard time fitting in. There's a checking in evening tomorrow to talk to their tutor about how they're fitting in so I'm going to ask her about this program I know they do (my friends daughter went last year) that's all about confidence building and see if they can sign her up for that. We're at the doctors tonight at ten past 4, she's really nervous about going but she knows it's for the best. Thank you all so much for your kind words, deep down I know it's not my fault but I can't stop blaming myself anyway

My Jess did something like that, it did help (not completely) but it did help
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm going through similar with our middle one. It's emotionally exhausting. Try to be kind to you too lovely....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

CaterpillarGirl
    The doctors with Lena went well, they've referred her to healthy young minds, it went well at school too, I don't think things are as bad as I thought. Personally I've had a really bad week, I feel completely drained and I've fallen behind with everything, I hate that it takes so much work and effort to start doing well and then it's so easy for it all to fall apart again

You haven't been dealing with small insignificant things though! I know exactly how exhausting it is worrying that your baby isn't doing OK. Don't beat yourself up, you've done amazingly. She's confided in you, you've acknowledged with her that it's important the way that she feels, you've been into school and the doctors with her and made sure that everyone around her knows she's struggling and put things in place to help. Hunni, that's flipping AWESOME!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (05-10-18)

CaterpillarGirl
    You're so right Suzi, I've so missed coming on here, you guys always know the right things to say! I'm feeling much better today, actually quite proud of myself

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CaterpillarGirl For This Useful Post:

OldMike (05-10-18)

I should think so too! Suzi’s absolutely right, you’ve done so much better than you think you have. You’ve been protecting your baby and that’s the most important job you have
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

You should be proud of yourself!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    Lena got accepted by healthy young minds, just waiting for her appointment to come through. I've still been feeling quite low but I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow so I'll talk to him about it, I'm trying to get back on top of things after last week's blip, I'm getting there but it's slow going. Had a lovely meal out and a few drinks with the fiance on Saturday night and a lazy day in with Lena on Sunday so it was a good weekend

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CaterpillarGirl For This Useful Post:

OldMike (10-10-18)

That's really positive.
    I'm so glad you're going to talk to your Dr about how you are feeling.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: