Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Not coping so well...

It does sound as if you've pushed yourself really hard.. That's where pacing comes into it. Hope you have a lovely evening with your fiance. What does he do that means he's away so much?
    How's L doing at school? Still OK?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

CaterpillarGirl
    I had the worst anxiety last night, barely slept at all, I've woken up with it too. Lena was late leaving for school this morning and I feel terrible as it was my fault, she was up early and ready and then I forgot to tell her it was time to leave so now she'll probably get detention, the worst part is she says she doesn't care, she has such an awful attitude towards school it really upsets me so now I'm feeling really low and guilty. She says she doesn't like school at all, on Monday I had to practically drag her out of bed she was adamant she wasn't going in! Roll on my doctors appointment at half 11! The fiance designs and sells bespoke staircases all over the North of England so he tries to group appointments in the same area and get them all done over a couple of days or so, it's a great job that he is incredibly passionate about but sometimes it's hard when he's away (other times I quite enjoy the time to myself)

Is there any reason why Lena doesn't like school? By enlarge I liked school (not always but mostly). Try not to blame yourself CGirl these things happen and being a parent isn't easy. Hope all goes well with your doc's appointment.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

That's a seriously cool job! I've always wanted a lovely staircase!

Why doesn't Lena like school? Friends? Lessons? Have you spoken to her tutor about it?
    How did the Drs appointment go?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Is this new for this term or has she always hated school?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    She hasn't been a fan of school for a while now but it's only really been an issue now that she's started high school. I've asked her why she doesn't like it and she said she doesn't know she just doesn't, I've spoken to her about bullying, she says she's isn't being and I believe she would confide in me if she was as she knows about my being bullied in the past, she's told me she's made new friends already so it's not that, I honestly think she is just becoming a moody teen! With regards to the doctor he has put my dose up from 50 to 100mg so will have to wait and see how that goes

Ah yes, teenage daughters. Been there twice. It’s fun .......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Ahh yes, I've one at 14 - sorry, as I'm always being told, nearly 15.... And one who is 13.... I feel your pain. I find ice cream, chocolate and gin help...

CaterpillarGirl
    I am so stressed out today! I've recently changed energy and broadband providers and just received my finally bill from the company I was with, £188.46! I've been trying to get through to them to arrange to pay it in installments because I just can't afford that right now and it is literally impossible to speak to a person on the phone, I've been going round and round through various automated lists (one took me right back to the main menu) with no options to speak to someone and no other contact number! I have sent them an email instead but it's so frustrating, I just wanted to get it sorted! I also lost my temper at Lena just before school as she was messing about and dawdling when she needed to leave and now I feel awful and can't do anything about it until she comes home

She'll understand. We've all done it. Send her a text - she'll pick it up when she turns her phone on when she's on the way home..
    Well done for dealing with the bill, that's so hard to do... Especially when you can't talk to someone!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post: