Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Not coping so well...

CaterpillarGirl
    Hey guys, sorry I've been quiet for a couple of days I've just been really low and keeping to myself. I know there is no simple or quick solution, it's just so hard to see the end of the tunnel when the voices in your head are telling you you're a failure and not good enough and you'll never get well, even though I know deep down it's not true. Anyway, I'm hoping with Lena going back to school tomorrow and the return of routine and normalcy (not that Lena being in high school is normal in any way right now!!) I will start getting back on track. I've already put two water bottles in the fridge, written up my magnets for the day and arranged a walk round daisy nook country park with my new friend. I've decided its time I started taking care of myself again, I weighed myself yesterday and I've put on a stone over the summer (I know it's not all about weight and I do it to feel good about myself too and get healthy but seeing how much I've put on made me realise how much I've slipped) so now I'm going to really make the effort to look after myself, follow a normal routine and stop eating so much that is bad for me and get back into exercising.

That sounds likes a very good plan. Is Lena looking forward to school?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Walker extraordinaire!
    Go you!! Send me some of your motivation. I'm glad you're back. I do think getting routine back is good for us..... I know it helps me. It's hard seeing our children get older and taking new steps. But as mummies we get to be proud as punch of them too. X

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

So proud of you for taking care of you!!!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    Great start to the day, I was up and ready by 8 and took Lena to school (she was not looking forward to it but I think she'll be fine once she settles in) I'm just waiting for my friend now so we can go for our walk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CaterpillarGirl For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (04-09-18)

Hope she has a brilliant first day!

Enjoy your walk lovely!

CaterpillarGirl
    Good morning guys, today I woke up in a really low mood and feeling exhausted. It's taken me a couple of hours to gear myself up for getting ready for the day, but I'm ready now and about to take a 45 minute walk to Barclay's to pay in a cheque and then back again, then I'm going to attempt to fix the shelves in my kitchen cupboards that keep falling down. I've bought myself a pocket sized diary and I'm going to start logging how I feel throughout the day to make it easier when I go and see my doctor and also so I can see for myself if I'm improving or not

Sounds great. I am sorry you have been feeling low, but you have so much planned for a day that feels difficult, hopefully keeping stuff on your "to do" list helps keeping the low mood at bay. And mood diary is a brilliant idea. I need to try it as well. Would be much easier to go through my situation when I see therapists and doctors. I am totally going to snag that idea.
    I am fluent in finnish, swedish, english, sarcasm and profanity.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy For This Useful Post:

A mood diary is a brilliant idea.
    Sorry you've woken up really down. When's your next Dr's appointment? Don't beat yourself up if you don't manage each of those tasks though love, be kind to you..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    Well the walk to Barclay's took me the same way I used to walk to college as a teen, that brought back a lot of memories, not ones I necessarily wanted reminding of, and left me with a weird feeling of missing it but being glad it's over at the same time, oh well, the cheque is in the bank now without me having to pay for the bus and getting some exercise in I've fixed my shelves and even got round to changing the fiancé's light bulbs that he can't do (I think I wear the trousers today ) I'm having a bit of anxiety because I missed a call from the doctors and can't ring back because they're closed Wednesday afternoons (my appointment is next Thursday, I hope they're not cancelling or rearranging) mostly a good day though and I'm feeling much better than I was this morning