Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Not coping so well...

How are you doing?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

CaterpillarGirl
    I'm still having the anxiety at night so definitely going to have a word with my doctor about that, my counsellor rang me today though to book my first appointment, I'm seeing her Sept 18th. I'm feeling a little low today but I think it's just the holiday blues

Lovely to see you, gorgeous!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

We've missed you! Apart from a bit down today, you OK?

CaterpillarGirl
    I've missed you guys too! I've not been having the greatest day, my depression seems to be much more manageable on these tablets but I think they're making my anxiety worse

Have you been to the dr and told them that?

CaterpillarGirl
    I haven't spoken to my doctor yet because my appointment isn't until the 13th. I currently feel like I'm going backwards, my mood has just deteriorated over the past couple of days and I just feel like crawling into my bed and going back to sleep, I've only just started to make an effort to get ready for the day and I'm really not feeling up to it. I feel like I'm not even on any tablets and I've just gone back to exactly the way I was before I started taking them. I just want to cry, I thought I was doing much better but I'm obviously not

You have to look at the overall picture, sweetie. Have you had more good days since you took them than before? Thing is, even without depression and anxiety, we all have mood swings naturally so in life we have good and bad days.

Also, you’ve done so much with your partner and with Lena over the past few weeks, you could probably do with some rest
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Hunni you know as well as I do that these the meds take a while to get into your system. You are definitely not going backwards...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I have been on new meds since April and on the highest dose for about 6 weeks now. The other week I had a huge wobble, my anxiety was through the roof, I was crying often, overthinking everything and couldn't cope around people. Even half an hour around my parents so I could eat was a struggle. But I know that I have had more good days than bad days since I started on these. Recovery isn't a straight line, sometimes there are bumps in the road, sometimes there are bloody great potholes! But that doesn't mean that you're back to the beginning. You just need to give yourself time to rest too
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post: