Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Not coping so well...

I think it’s be a very good idea to talk to your tutor, and I’m sure you’ll feel a whole lot better afterwards...
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sweetheart, you won't be the only person who has felt like this and you won't be the first one to talk to your tutor about it...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

CaterpillarGirl
    I'm going to speak to her about it today when I send my assignment back in, I hope it goes well, I always worry people won't be understanding, I've seen it so much in the past

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I know that worry, but as an education provider they have a duty of care towards you. They aren't allowed to distinguish between physical or mental health problems. Even if you just make her aware that you may need extensions if you're having a particularly rough time, it gives you some breathing space.

What are you studying?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Jaq's right, be honest!

CaterpillarGirl
    So I used my magnets today to help me get on top of what needed doing and they have worked fantastically, I didn't get too stressed out and I even finished the things I wanted to do earlier than expected so my bathroom is now lovely and clean and my assignment is finished and handed in! I explained my situation to my tutor and sent her the email straightaway (No anxiety riddled minutes of should I shouldn't I?) so I guess the tablets are finally starting to have a positive effect. I'm feeling really good and am going to try and do some more work on my story, I just have a little bit of anxiety with regards to my tutor getting back to me.

And Jaquaia I'm studying to be a teaching assistant, what about you?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CaterpillarGirl For This Useful Post:

Suzi (23-08-18)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I'm doing a BSc in Psychology with Counselling, starting my level 1 in counselling in February.

Well done on sending that email!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Well done, sweetie
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

CaterpillarGirl
    Sounds interesting, my tutor emailed me back thanking me for telling her and saying I'm doing great today feels like such a positive day

Woohoo! That's brilliant!! Well done on sending that email!