Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Not coping so well...

Exactly - you could always call on the day and ask for a phone appointment if you need it...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

CaterpillarGirl
    Definitely, I think the tablets should start kicking in soon anyway so hopefully I'll start feeling better

How are you today lovely?

CaterpillarGirl
    Not feeling great today but that's partly due to drinking yesterday, I'm feeling really irritable like I really just want to be left alone, the fiancé's mum came round earlier and I really didn't feel like dealing with that (she's a lovely person she just asks a lot of questions which I can't handle when my head isn't in the right place) she didn't stay long though now I'm just chilling out, I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow

Give yourself some slack! Alcohol is a natural depressant, and you were out being social and probably didn't sleep as long as you should have done so don't be too hard on yourself!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

^^^wss
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    I'm having a down day today, I just feel really really low and have no get up and go, it's just taken everything I have for me to go and have a shower and brush my teeth but it's only made me feel slightly better, I want to crawl in a dark hole away from the world and just cry and sleep, I hate feeling like this but nothing seems to work to get me out of it

Sweetheart you are going to have some blips along the way lovely... Try to be kind to yourself and if you need to snuggle and watch movies, then do that!

CaterpillarGirl
    Work was so hard to get through today, I've come home feeling a million times worse, I've managed to get the tea started (honestly sometimes I wish I was the sort of mum who just shoved chicken nuggets and chips in the oven!) and wash the pots and wipe the sides, massive achievement for me on a day like this, normally I just leave it until the morning, still don't feel any better though. I told Lena earlier that I was having a bad day, came home from work noticeable sad and thought she might offer to help out or at least ask how I am and give me a cuddle, instead I got nothing, she's just watching TV, maybe I'm expecting too much from my 11 year old but sometimes her lack of empathy worries me as her dad was a lot like that and he was a really horrible person and I really don't want her to turn out anything like him

Sweetie, I have 2 daughters and I promise you that lack of empathy is definitely part of her age. She’s pre teen and it’s a taster of what’s to come in the next few years, im afraid. But, from what you’ve told us, she’s a good kid and loves spending time with you so I’m sure she’s turning out just fine
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (20-08-18)