Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Not coping so well...

I agree with what the others have said. I'm not the same person who I was before I got sick. My first stay in hospital was in 2010 and I really can't say if it was the medication or the life experiences since, that have changed me into the person I am now. I'm very grateful for everything I've been through, I think I'm much more in touch of how I'm feeling now. This has meant that I'm a lot more empathetic to those around me. I notice people more now. I also notice when people are feeling 'off' and I can start a conversation with them now.
    Of course you will feel nervous that the old you seems to be gone, but the new you might be an improved you.
    The past is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.
    Try to live more in the now, tomorrow is promised to no one.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    I guess it's just a case of waiting to see what happens, I feel like half my life is a waiting game! I'm just having a go at writing a story about L and the dog going through a magical portal, I might share it when I've done some more if I feel happy enough with it, I hope everybody is having a fabulous day

I’d love to read it!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    I've just finished chapter two (they're only short) but it needs some tweaking, I'll put it on tomorrow at some point. Writing the story has made L go out on an actual adventure with the dog, I love it when she still acts like a child, it doesn't happen very often anymore!

That's so cool! Can't wait to read it!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    Should hopefully be posting some of it on here later
    Quick update: my anxiety has got worse at night so I'm still not sleeping well, it's only been a week though and I'm determined to keep going! At least I only work a couple of hours in the evening so it's not the end of the world being so tired all the time!

Definitely talk to your GP about it lovely..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

CaterpillarGirl
    I have to make an appointment soon anyway so I'll speak to him then

When do you need to make the appt for?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

CaterpillarGirl
    Well I saw him last Thursday and he said 2 to 4 weeks so I was going to try and make one for next Thursday