Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Not coping so well...

Sleep

I feel very much like I could sleep all day at the moment if I didn't have responsibilities to get up for, it's worse now it's the summer holidays so I don't even have to get my daughter up for school (I don't work until the evenings) I only got up this morning to let the dog out for a wee, when I do get up I wake with a sense of dread for what the day might bring...

My sleep patterns leave a bit to be desired I often fall asleep in front of the TV of an evening so end up going to bed in the early hours, mind you a lot of people my age (71) are prone to dozing in a chair in the evening.
    72 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl (23-07-18)

My dad is always telling me that he falls asleep in front of the TV I actually find it really hard to sleep during the day once I'm up even though I feel constantly exhausted!

Can you do things like plan a nice activity each day that's something to look forward to getting up to?
    What about planning in walks and then it might help you sleep? Try some mindfulness?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

I can relate. I struggle to sleep at night but come next day I want to sleep the day away. I think thatÂ’s my old friend anxiety tipping his hat

Reading helps me to calm anxiety at night and coffee saves the day come morning!
    Last edited by Suzi; 23-07-18 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Merging posts. Please try not to double post minutes apart. Thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Justchris For This Useful Post:

I think it's a mixture of depression and anxiety for me, I could try planning things but I'm unsure if I'd actually go through with my plans and my daughter never wants to do anything! I have been out today though but only because I had to take my cat to the vets, I've never tried reading to calm my anxiety, I think because when I get really wound up I find it hard to concentrate on anything, I might give it a go though

You went out, you got stuff done - that’s a win. Make sure you give yourself credit where it’s due!
    Definitely a mix of both I think. Reading might not be right for you but I’d recommend you give it a go, engages your brain way more than tv and has the magical ability to take your mind elsewhere.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justchris For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl (23-07-18),Flo (23-07-18)

I love to read, did my degree in English literature because of my love of reading, I just never seem to do it anymore. I actually tried doing some reading earlier this afternoon but due to an incident of mixed up dates with some coursework I handed in my stomach ended up in knots and I couldn't concentrate (even after the issue got resolved)

Why not get some CD books and let someone else read you a story instead...then you can relax and enjoy it. I'm sure the 'book worm effect' will come back at a later date when you aren't as stressed.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl (23-07-18),Justchris (23-07-18)

That's a nice idea, not something I would have thought of, I'll give it a go