Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Are you eating? Drinking properly?
    Do you think that building in a new hobby or something might help?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Are you eating? Drinking properly?
    Do you think that building in a new hobby or something might help?
    I've no appetite to eat although I have had good throughout the day.

I'm not sure what to do last few nights have been rough,I can't seem to stop thinking about work

When was your last review with your GP?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    When was your last review with your GP?
    My last review was almost 4 weeks ago,I've been fine things just seem to be getting worse the closer it gets to going back to work. I know the first day will be the worst and then it'll get easier but I can't seem to stop worrying.

I feel a bit better doubled up my meds which seemed to have helped. Im going to book an appointment with the doctor later today.

I don't think it's helped that the last few days I've been skipping doses every other day due to the side effects I can't walk my dog without my t-shirt being covered in sweat and it's only going to get worse with the summer approaching.

You can't skip days. That isn't going to help at all. You have to take them at roughly the same time every day or each other day you are throwing your body into a sort of withdrawal... No wonder you are feeling more and more anxious!

John, if you’re going to do that you might as well not be taking them at all. There’s a reason they need to be take daily. If you can’t cope with the side effects, talk to your doctor. In the meantime, please take them as prescribed, you’re just making things worse for yourself otherwise
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

John, if you’re going to do that you might as well not be taking them at all. There’s a reason they need to be take daily. If you can’t cope with the side effects, talk to your doctor. In the meantime, please take them as prescribed, you’re just making things worse for yourself otherwise
    Thanks I understand.

I've spoke to the doctor before about it and he said it's a common side effect,only problem it just makes more more anxious and not want to go out

But why take them if you aren't taking them properly? You are throwing your body into withdrawal every other day.

Which is why you need to talk to your doctor. If you can’t cope with the side effects, then maybe mirtazapine isn’t the right drug for you

Which is why you need to talk to your doctor. If you can’t cope with the side effects, then maybe mirtazapine isn’t the right drug for you
    That's the thing I switched from mirtazapine before Christmas onto Duciltia 30mg and then Duloxetine 60mg which is what I'm currently on.