Page 80 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Never heard of it lol Definitely not something my husband has had...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Never heard of it lol Definitely not something my husband has had...
    I think its where they work out (not sure how) which AD are green for you and may suit you, like I said I think it's an American thing.

Not took my vortioxetine for 2 days now seeing if it stops the side effects

Walker extraordinaire!
    Do you think its wise to just stop it like that? I know side effects are a nightmare but I'm worried your mood will plummet more.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Why on earth would you just stop? You know that just stopping AD's is never a good idea. Your mental health is far from stable.....

I just thought I'd see if the side effects stopped or if it was my anxiety that was causing it.

To be honest my moods been up & down most of the time anyway so I'm beginning to wonder what there actually doing.

You seem far more stable when you are taking them.... Did you tell anyone or just stop? Please speak to someone involved in your care.... I'm very concerned about your actions.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Ok, I've thought about whether to say this or not but it was something that helped me once I realised it.

1. I can honestly say that it took me a long time to realise that I was actually better on ADs and that they did help me. I think it is only looking back I can truly see the difference in taking meds regularly as prescribed. I think that is partly due to my 2nd point

2. I wish someone had told me earlier on that i had unrealistic expectations of what ADs would do for me. They are not happy pills, i won't suddenly wake up some day and be happy because of them. They are there to help ease the symptoms enough for me to be able to put in the hard work and effort that recovery requires. Pills alone are not a cure, it's all the other stuff we do to look after us and break the viscous cycle of depression that are the real cure. Sometimes we need the pills to help us get to the stage where we can function enough to be able to do all the other stuff that is the real life change.

You seem to be able to function a bit better on meds which in turn helps you be able to do the important work of breaking the cycle. Please dont mess with your meds, if you are not happy with them talk to a nurse or doctor for advice and support.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (25-08-21),john82 (25-08-21),Paula (25-08-21),Suzi (25-08-21)

SM that's a brilliant post.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (25-08-21)

I've taken my tablet this evening.

Had a rubbish evening at work, one of the team leaders who I haven't seen for 4 weeks came to speak to me and he immediately started saying stuff like so we need to start seeing you trying and upping your hours etc as you know what'll happen.

I'm fuming, fed up, angry, worried etc

Went to speak to him again after I'd finished and he apologised, said he wasn't aware that the main boss told me a few times over the past few weeks that if it takes 6 months - a year there's no pressure or rush and the priority is to just keep coming in at the moment.

I just can't seem to cope with things at the minute and it feels like I'm out my depth just doing a few hours.

Come home and spoke to my partner about it as its set me off thinking I'm worthless.

Well done for going to speak to them about it there and then. That's not something you would have managed a while ago.
    Do remember though that you stopping your meds will make things worse now, but also that it takes 4 - 8 weeks to get back to therapeutic levels again.