Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

I haven’t been able to work for 15 years because of my mental health. I understand how you feel, I felt the same for a long time. But I’ve come to realise that my life is more than just a job, and that I am now able to give my energy to what matters in my life. You are working, and you’re also working in a way that helps you deal with your mental health and therefore will mean you too can give your energy to what is really important in your life, once you are stable - and you WILL be stable.
    Last edited by Paula; 08-08-21 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Removed incorrect sentence
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Have you thought anymore about relationship counselling to help you work through the devastation you feel when your friends move jobs?
    My husband hasn't been able to work for a long time regarding his mental health, neither have I due to caring for him or my own physical health. Have you thought about some kind of online study or something to help with your self esteem? There are loads of great free courses out there? It might also help you feel that you are doing something to be moving forward too.
    Go and meet your old boss, you said that they were a friend, so go and do something social. You don't have to stay long....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I often think about just stopping work and hiding away again but then comes all the stress with bills and the thought of losing pip getting ESA every year is just to much.

I sometimes think I've just got to carry on going into work and eventually things will get easier, but that doesn't stop the nausea feeling.

I've just been round to see my dad for 2 hours with the dog had to get out but now I'm back home the thinking and worrying starts over.

I'm going to try that place tomorrow was only just getting my head round my boss moving on etc but just didn't see this coming from my friend who only last week was calming me down etc saying he's not going anywhere.

I can't help but feel selfish and hate the way I'm feeling as I should be happy that he's moving on and trying to better himself it's just the thought I'm going to lose that friend who I'd talk to about most things and didn't judge me.

Friends messaged again asking if I want to go with him but I just think it'll upset me and would rather hide away.
    Sorry for the long post

Nothing to be sorry for.
    Keep talking. It helps to get it all out of your head. Did you talk to your Dad about how you are feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Nothing to be sorry for.
    Keep talking. It helps to get it all out of your head. Did you talk to your Dad about how you are feeling?
    No I didn't talk to him about how I feel that's something we've never really done.

Decided to meet my friends at the pub, thought it's Something I needed to do as I'll regret it not saying bye to old boss picked my friend up on the way. Enjoyed it talking about the last 14 years and were going to meet up again soon.

Well done for getting out socially! That's really huge, and even better that you want to do it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Well done for getting out socially! That's really huge, and even better that you want to do it again!
    I want to stay in touch with him hoping one day he'll move back to the store.

Felt good but as soon as I've come home the sickness feeling starts and I can't control it.

Sister & husband +kids wants me and my partner to go Warwick Castle with them tomorrow so we've just booked that on the spur of the moment.

Regretting booking the trip now I've been unable to sleep all night panicking about going there, leaving dog with parents and now I'm worried I've just wasted £64 as we're supposed to be leaving at 8am.

Why is it the more you want to sleep you can't switch off and you then start clock watching and panicking more as your running out of time.

How are you this morning? Did you make the trip?

I love Warwick Castle. I hope you manage to get there, and have fun
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.