Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

I agree with Paula - there is no magic "woohoo you're going to be happy from now on".. I wish there was. But then no one is happy all of the time. Everyone has blue days... I think it's a case of feeling brighter than you were and reducing/removing the dark thoughts...
    Do you think that going back to work on a phased return or something similar might help move things forward?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I agree with Paula - there is no magic "woohoo you're going to be happy from now on".. I wish there was. But then no one is happy all of the time. Everyone has blue days... I think it's a case of feeling brighter than you were and reducing/removing the dark thoughts...
    Do you think that going back to work on a phased return or something similar might help move things forward?
    Hi I'm seeing my doctor again in 4 weeks.

Yes I'd like to go back to work but like I said it's easier to hide away that way I won't have to deal with all the questions from colleagues and the paranoia wondering if they know why I've been off etc.

I'd been feeling miserable for a long time and that's the main reason I went doctors at the minute it doesn't feel as though I've made any progress my worry is I'll go bk to work and just get worse

You could be honest with your colleagues about why you have been off?
    Is work a trigger for you? Why would you get worse by going back?

You could be honest with your colleagues about why you have been off?
    Is work a trigger for you? Why would you get worse by going back?
    I've thought about being honest some days I think yeah that'll be fine but then other days I get doubts about if I'll be looked at different.

I just think by going back to work it'll be forgotten about and I'll just be expected to get on with things.

It feels like I haven't gotten anywhere in the time I've been off.I was looking today at support groups in my area.

Is this the first time you've been looking at support groups?

Is this the first time you've been looking at support groups?
    I've looked before but I don't think I'd of had the courage to go but now I think I could,anything really if it helps

Have you contacted your local mind group?

Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    I've looked before but I don't think I'd of had the courage to go but now I think I could,anything really if it helps
    I think that’s really positive that you’re looking at different options to manage your illness
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Have you contacted your local mind group?
    I've looked and my local one is Coventry,would they be able to offer anything different? I'm seeing my counsellor monday and was going to mention it there.

All I've been doing is writing a diary.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I think that’s really positive that you’re looking at different options to manage your illness
    Thanks the tabs have definitely helped my anxiety.I'd like to try something different and I'm feeling a little more confident now