Page 63 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Explain the call you had today and ask what next steps, if any, they’d recommend. You’re not committing to anything, just getting advice
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    Well I was just hoping the nurse would help push me or offer some advice. I've lost the support of the mental health practitioner and it felt like he was the only one that understood how I was feeling.

My partner knows I struggle with my anxiety but hasn't offered much support tbh half the time I feel like I deal with it on my own. Today I could of done with speaking to somebody so spoke to her about it, she listens but doesn't offer any advice. My parents don't know what to say to help and I get the impression my sister just wants to avoid talking about the whole situation and how I'm feeling. My so called friends from work no longer check up on me.
    Have you told her that you want her point of view and advice? Is this the first time you've really talked to her and told her how you are feeling?
    When was the last time you called to check in on one of your friends? It goes both ways love.

What have you done this week to get out of the house?
    What about keeping that mood diary I've suggested a few times?
    Or downloaded an app such as headspace?
    What about used one of the helplines either by phone such as the Samaritans or by text such as shout?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Have you told her that you want her point of view and advice? Is this the first time you've really talked to her and told her how you are feeling?
    When was the last time you called to check in on one of your friends? It goes both ways love.

What have you done this week to get out of the house?
    What about keeping that mood diary I've suggested a few times?
    Or downloaded an app such as headspace?
    What about used one of the helplines either by phone such as the Samaritans or by text such as shout?
    Ive been using head's pace for the past few months to help sleep at night.

I don't see the point in contacting friends as they don't know what to say half the time.

Went shopping with my partner but stayed in the car as it was really busy and she had to que to get in. Can't really go anywhere due to lockdown 2

I was keeping a mood diary but it was the same everyday and very repetitive.

Called validium like OH suggested they can't offer any sessions atm until the cpn do something as it might be a conflict??

Worried now work will just say that's it if they can't help.

No phone call back from the cedars I don't know why I bother half the time.

Monday I'm going to call the cedars centre again.
    Email my manager with a new sick note and let him know what validium said.

Call Acas and ask them some bits about work.

Sometimes you have to push yourself to do things which aren't things you feel comfortable with - as in keeping the mood diary... It might not be fun but you need to do it. Contact your friends just to say hi and maybe see how they are?
    What about before lockdown 2? Were you trying to go into the shops at all then?

Sometimes you have to push yourself to do things which aren't things you feel comfortable with - as in keeping the mood diary... It might not be fun but you need to do it. Contact your friends just to say hi and maybe see how they are?
    What about before lockdown 2? Were you trying to go into the shops at all then?
    I went shopping last week with my partner aldi and morrisons this week was way too busy for me plus the queing at the entrance put me off.

My parents have moved into the village so I've walked up a few times with my partner and dog

That's great, what about the mood diary? Keep an activity diary too so you can see what you are doing during the day....
    What about calling friends etc?

That's great, what about the mood diary? Keep an activity diary too so you can see what you are doing during the day....
    What about calling friends etc?
    I speak to a friend quite regular and he understands. The reason I don't get in contact with others is because the last time I did they suggested meeting up for a meal, which isn't going to happen at the moment.

The rest just don't know what to say and you can feel the awkwardness, then they all ask the same question so when you coming back to work

You know you can say no. That you aren’t ready for that yet. People won’t understand if you don’t tell them. Hooking up to go for a walk and a chat will help you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

john82 (10-11-20)

Stella is right you know...

Have you tried talking to your friends about their lives? Get involved in their lives again? Talk about what you talked about before you became ill?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.