Page 62 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

I’d definitely talk to Citizens Advice for information on your rights
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I’d definitely talk to Citizens Advice for information on your rights
    I'm in the union at work joined about 4 months ago not that I've used them for anything.

Why not?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Why not?
    As I didn't want to annoy work and I'm not even sure how they could help

Get in touch with your rep. They are there to support you in meetings and advise you of your rights. You’re paying for the service so make use of it. It will only annoy your employers if they aren’t sticking to the rules and if that were the case you would definitely need your rep by your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Get in touch with your rep. They are there to support you in meetings and advise you of your rights. You’re paying for the service so make use of it. It will only annoy your employers if they aren’t sticking to the rules and if that were the case you would definitely need your rep by your side.
    I just didn't think they could do alot atm as I've not really had any meetings with anyone just a phone call once every 3-4 weeks to ask how I'm doing etc

They can definitely point you in the right direction. And unions are there for you - not your employer!

They can definitely point you in the right direction. And unions are there for you - not your employer!
    I was scared of getting on the wrong side with work.

I'm going to call our local doctors tomorrow and see what I need to do to get to see someone as I'm not happy with the buspirone as I don't really feel like it's helping me and I'm up to 30mg. My other tabs have been good my moods generally been good apart from today.

I really don’t get why you think it’d affect how your employer feels about you. They must have recognised the union and therefore understand they are there to support employees. And you’re not going straight into taking them to a tribunal or something, all you would be doing is finding out from your union what your rights are and how the union rep could potentially help you with the right outcome IF there are any issues. What is the point of being in a union if you won’t use their services and ask for their advice?

Please read this from gov.uk, it briefly explains what a union rep does

https://www.gov.uk/join-trade-union/...rade-union-rep

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (28-10-20)

I really don’t get why you think it’d affect how your employer feels about you. They must have recognised the union and therefore understand they are there to support employees. And you’re not going straight into taking them to a tribunal or something, all you would be doing is finding out from your union what your rights are and how the union rep could potentially help you with the right outcome IF there are any issues. What is the point of being in a union if you won’t use their services and ask for their advice?

Please read this from gov.uk, it briefly explains what a union rep does

https://www.gov.uk/join-trade-union/...rade-union-rep
    I wouldn't know what to ask the union rep atm