Page 59 of 83 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Would you be able to go for a walk?
    I sometimes walk our dog but I'll go round a field when I know nobody's in there.

Walking the dog tends to trigger negative thoughts feeling worthless etc as I struggle to walk a dog when it's something that should be so simple.

I find it easier to just sit in home and hide away

Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    Some days it's hard to get up I don't sleep properly anymore and always downstairs. Have to have background noise.

I've not been out the house much since the post office incident,especially over the last 2 weeks due to the virus rate going up.

I've lost the mental health practitioner who was helping me due to leaving the Dr's + no longer have a doctors so I'm waiting on the nurse.
    Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    I sometimes walk our dog but I'll go round a field when I know nobody's in there.

Walking the dog tends to trigger negative thoughts feeling worthless etc as I struggle to walk a dog when it's something that should be so simple.

I find it easier to just sit in home and hide away
    You are going to have to get your sleeping and eating and washing etc sorted. It's not easy or straightforward, but what about headphones in to help you sleep?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You are going to have to get your sleeping and eating and washing etc sorted. It's not easy or straightforward, but what about headphones in to help you sleep?
    My eatings not to bad but its my partner who Is always cooking but I think she's starting to feel the strain, relationship seems to be going downhill or maybe it's me thinking negative.

I've tried headphones in but there uncomfortable to wear to fall asleep in.

Nothing seems easy anymore even the simplist tasks, look back and it just makes you feel even more worthless.

I don't think I'm going to sleep much tonight worrying.

Do you use wireless in ear pods? Both my husband and daughter do this to help them sleep
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Or you can get pillows or headbands which have headphones built in....

You have to start with the basics and make sure you are doing those.
    Have you spoken to your partner about how you are feeling? Actually told them that you are struggling? Asked for their support, rather than just assuming you have it?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

john82 (20-10-20)

Or you can get pillows or headbands which have headphones built in....

You have to start with the basics and make sure you are doing those.
    Have you spoken to your partner about how you are feeling? Actually told them that you are struggling? Asked for their support, rather than just assuming you have it?
    Like I said before we don't really talk anymore I think it's just become the norm now,often wonder what we're even doing together anymore, I'm sure it would be easier without me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Do you use wireless in ear pods? Both my husband and daughter do this to help them sleep
    I've only over the ear headphones atm I'm not on the Bluetooth wagon yet.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I'm going to share something with you. I'm not sure if it applies in your situation or not as I know nothing about your relationship.
    When my depression was really bad, I thought I wanted to break up my marriage. I didn't have the energy for a relationship, I had nothing to give to anyone, it was just another stressor. We weren't talking, it was something else to feel a failure over, I took my frustration etc out on him. I wasnt sure I was even capable of loving anyone.....especially not myself. My emotions were completely numb.
    However, as I started to engage in meds, therapy, etc and was finally able to look outside myself I realised that I still deeply loved my husband. Would he have been better off without me and all the heartache? Maybe, but thing is, he still loved me and wanted me around.
    Depression almost made me throw away my relationship because of the illness, not because of us as people.
    My husband said, it was the little glimpses he got of the real me at times that kept him going. Maybe just a smile of thanks when he brought me a cup of tea, or seeing me hug the dog helped him remember when I could connect on a deeper level.
    My illness nearly ripped us apart and its only his tenacity that kept us together. We are now closer than we ever were.
    You may not be feeling great about the state of your relationship but make sure that it's not just the illness talking.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

john82 (20-10-20),Paula (20-10-20),Stella180 (20-10-20),Suzi (20-10-20)

One of the hardest things I've ever heard is my now husband being honest telling me that he didn't know if he still loved me. He knew he had loved me, but didn't know how he felt there and then. At least I knew. I grabbed hold of him and told him it was OK I loved him enough for both of us and that I'd stand by until he knew definitely how he felt. We've been together for almost 22 years. We still talk about how he feels and how I'm doing.... Talk to her.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Stella180 (20-10-20)

One of the hardest things I've ever heard is my now husband being honest telling me that he didn't know if he still loved me. He knew he had loved me, but didn't know how he felt there and then. At least I knew. I grabbed hold of him and told him it was OK I loved him enough for both of us and that I'd stand by until he knew definitely how he felt. We've been together for almost 22 years. We still talk about how he feels and how I'm doing.... Talk to her.
    I find it to hard. I never used to have this problem with previous partners I think it's since my last partner cheated and since then I've never opened up.

10 mins until the call

Trying to think of things I may need to tell them