Page 58 of 83 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Occupational Health are there to assess and see how they can help you stay in your job if possible. Really, they are not the enemy.

Who don't you trust? You say you don't trust them, but you've not had any input from them before?
    It's work I don't trust

Ahh right...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Had a rubbish day received a text and email stating the OH date and time which is next Tuesday over the phone. My anxiety is high atm worrying about what there going to ask

Probably what they can do to help you....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Don't fight the OT. They are there to help. If you are finding it hard to talk to them tell them. If something they ask raises your anxiety, tell them. If they suggest something you think might help, tell them. If they suggest something that you don't think will help, tell them.... Get the jist?

I was asked to see OH when I was last working. The company wanted to know what it would take to get me back to work ASAP, and any measures to be put in place to make that happen. The person I was was independent asked my details about what my problem was, how it affected me. Basically no different to see your GP. They told me what they would inform my employer, in my case that regardless of how long I had been off work I was still not ready to go back to work in their opinion for at least 6-8 weeks. Yeah it’s scary talking to a complete stranger but it’s definitely a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    I was asked to see OH when I was last working. The company wanted to know what it would take to get me back to work ASAP, and any measures to be put in place to make that happen. The person I was was independent asked my details about what my problem was, how it affected me. Basically no different to see your GP. They told me what they would inform my employer, in my case that regardless of how long I had been off work I was still not ready to go back to work in their opinion for at least 6-8 weeks. Yeah it’s scary talking to a complete stranger but it’s definitely a good thing.
    I'm still really nervous the only issue I have is who sees all this information at work as when I was off the first time it should have been kept private but everyone knew the reason I'd been off when I went back which made it harder.

I'm just worried they'll turn round and say its going to take too long to get back to work.

All I've been doing is waiting on the cpn assessment and now waiting for a letter to when I'll get the help. Doesn't seem like I'm doing alot which worries me.

Are you pushing yourself to do the basics? Get up, get washed, get dressed, help do chores around the house? Go out to somewhere to go and get a chocolate bar or a newspaper etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Are you pushing yourself to do the basics? Get up, get washed, get dressed, help do chores around the house? Go out to somewhere to go and get a chocolate bar or a newspaper etc?
    Some days it's hard to get up I don't sleep properly anymore and always downstairs. Have to have background noise.

I've not been out the house much since the post office incident,especially over the last 2 weeks due to the virus rate going up.

I've lost the mental health practitioner who was helping me due to leaving the Dr's + no longer have a doctors so I'm waiting on the nurse.

Would you be able to go for a walk?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.