Page 55 of 83 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Oh John, sorry about your Gran. Maybe today wasn’t the right day for it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

john82 (03-09-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    So sorry about your gran. Please be gentle with yourself.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

john82 (03-09-20)

I’m so sorry for your loss, hunni. Please give yourself time and space to be kind to you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

john82 (03-09-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Oh John, sorry about your Gran. Maybe today wasn’t the right day for it.
    Thanks.

I don't think it's hit me yet.

She was 94 I can't help but feel guilty as I used to see every weekend and visit once a week when I could drive she was my 2nd mum, since her dementia got worse and she had to go into a home I've only seen her twice as it was heartbreaking seeing her the way she was she didn't recognise me anymore and I stopped going a few years ago as it wasn't the way I wanted to remember her.

And yet I can't help but feel guilty for not going.

I get where you are coming from. I don’t think I would be strong enough to support someone with such a horrible illness and see them disappear before your eyes.

Sorry about your gran..

Please try to be kind and patient with your GF. It's bloo(y hard being the other person when you don't know what's going on in someone's mind and don't understand how things really are...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Sorry about your gran..

Please try to be kind and patient with your GF. It's bloo(y hard being the other person when you don't know what's going on in someone's mind and don't understand how things really are...
    Thank you.

I know had a conversation with my mental health practitioner today told him about my anger flaring up he just said its probably because your trying to get out and about and out my comfort zone.

He's spoke to my psychiatrist since the last time I spoke to him and there arranging a cpn assessment he mentioned a bit about what could happen it's immediately put me off having a stranger coming round

Why has it put you off? A cpn is an amazing resource to be given - they are so overworked and with so few of them around atm... They can be brilliant and really, really help - but as with anything you have to want it to help and be open to it in the first place.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Walker extraordinaire!
    Tbh I wouldn't have made it through last few years without my CPN. They have been lifesaving for me... literally. I would always say dont dismiss it without trying. I feel blessed to have been offered the resource and for me it has really worked.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Believe me if you get a CPN you are extremely lucky. They are a rare commodity these days. It would really help you to have someone supporting you, someone to talk to and help you get out, teach you new coping mechanisms etc. If you get that offer take it.