Page 53 of 83 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Just pop in and buy a chocolate bar or an apple or just aim to park the car, then go home. Next time park and get out of the car and go home. Then park, get out and walk to the door and go home. Then one step inside. Then 2 steps, then build it up. Doesn't matter if it takes all week, one step at a time and make things your choice - not leaving because you couldn't cope, but because you are choosing to go home...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

john82 (01-09-20),Paula (23-08-20),Stella180 (23-08-20)

Managed to go shopping again yesterday although i panicked alot aldi is just too busy and the constant tannoy announcements were too much.

I'm really annoyed went to the post office today with my partner i walked in and straight away a lady behind a big screen shouted where's your mask? i explained i was exempt and showed them the lanyard i had on to which she said have i a face mask except card.

I was fuming got told she wasn't going to serve me and that i had to leave the shop this is exactly why i haven't bothered going out.

I've emailed the post office complaints and im waiting for a call back hopefully tomorrow but im so angry.

She has no right to ask for an exemption card because it’s not a requirement. She sounds like a bit of cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    She has no right to ask for an exemption card because it’s not a requirement. She sounds like a bit of cow.
    Can she refuse to serve me? I've had a little look online but im not sure,as some say if you've no exemption card they can ask you to leave?

This is from gov.uk

“Exemption cards
    Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.

Some people may feel more comfortable showing something that says they do not have to wear a face covering. This could be in the form of an exemption card, badge or even a home-made sign.

This is a personal choice and is not necessary in law.”
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

john82 (01-09-20)

Technically any shop can refuse to serve anyone however there is no “official” exemption card because we are all expected to self monitor. It’s a funny time cos nobody really has a clue what the hell to do. It appears that disability discrimination has gone out the window thanks to this pandemic.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

john82 (01-09-20)

My girlfriend was going to go take the parcel tomorrow but id quite like to do it as i don't want her to get away with it,and i dont want her putting me off but its how to approach the subject if i walk in and she refuses to serve me i'm kinda stuck.

I agree with the others, there is no legal need to wear a face mask, and no such need for an exemption card.
    You could go back and make a scene if she refuses to serve you or you could leave the complaint to run and go elsewhere to post it.

Have you managed to go into tesco to get your chocolate bar yet?

I'm going to go back tomorrow morning hopefully catch the chap who's in charge and as long as its not busy tell him about the way she was,not that it'll do alot.

No I'm going to my gf's parents tomorrow so I plan on going in on the way home that's if I don't bottle it again.

#how much have you been out of the house since you last posted?