Page 46 of 83 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Exactly as Paula has said. You don't have to talk in full sentences, or in ordered paragraphs. Sometimes just saying that things are tough or that you're struggling with something specific really helps...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I did tell my partner that I was feeling low and that my anxiety was building but I get no response or other occasions she asks why and I can't give an answer.

Then talk here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Then talk here.
    Thats what I already do but feels bad only coming on here when I get low etc.

Plus there's only so many times you can write how you feel but it never seems to change.

That’s kinda what this place is here for

But you always leave it so long until you come here and then you don't really get the full benefit of the community...

So after waiting for a few months just had my follow up with the psychiatrist.

Not very happy with how it went the guy kept talking over me saying it was only a quick follow up, I didnt really think he was listening he asked me if I'd had a diagnosis. I don't have a clue all I keep seeing is anxiety and depression nobody's listening when I tell them about my mood swings etc.

In the end he asked what I was wanting from the call...

I told him the Dr's contacted you as I've been getting no support to which he said well how do you want us to help, I replied I didn't know you are the expert I don't know what options I have.

Its left me feeling very down, annoyed, angry and just makes me think there's no point in asking for help in the future.

I suggest going back to your GP and explaining all this, and explaining you had no support/options given to you.

There is always a point for asking for help, even if one doctor doesn’t get it, doesn’t mean you don’t deserve it
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I suggest going back to your GP and explaining all this, and explaining you had no support/options given to you.

There is always a point for asking for help, even if one doctor doesn’t get it, doesn’t mean you don’t deserve it
    Ive got a follow up with my doctor next week I'll mention it then.

I just got the usual increase your meds and increase the buspirone

When he kept asking me what help I wanted I mentioned about cbt and that I found it abit repetitive so he's booked me in for speech therapy again

What meds, other than buspirone, did he increase?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.