Page 45 of 83 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Thought I'd update still off work my anxiety is still really high was supposed to go into work a few times but haven't managed it, doesn't help when we've been put back into lock down joys of living in Leicester, and now the mask news has only made it worse.

I've another appointment booked for a different doctor on the 24th after speaking to her last week she wrote to the psychiatrist again as I need more support had a letter this week for a telephone appointment for the first week of August.

Well done for talking to another doctor. What’s the telephone appointment for?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sorry you're still struggling.
    Well done for being proactive though! Are you going to see this Dr on a regular basis now?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Well done for talking to another doctor. What’s the telephone appointment for?
    It's just a follow up as I wanted to up my meds but I'd already requested my prescription so she couldn't do it. She wanted to sign me off work so at least I'd be getting some money but I don't want to be signed off as I'm worried about my job.

I'm not sure if it's going to be regular there's not much they can do tbh apart from change my meds just feels like a waste of time. I tried to book in with the metal health practitioner but his next appointment wasn't until the end of August

It might be worth taking that appointment anyway, in case things aren’t resolved before that. You can always cancel....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I agree, take it. You deserve to be seen. Do you feel your meds are helping?

Oh and whether you've just requested a repeat prescription or not they can still up your meds, that's just nonsense that they can't!

I'm definitely taking the appointment it's a telephone appointment due to the virus.

Hoping the psychiatrist can offer me some support but that's not until August.

I've felt OK the last few weeks but today Its as if I can feel my mood shift and I become withdrawn and stressed easily then the sickness starts as I start to worry so I'm not sure the last thing I want them doing is messing around with my meds again as it took 12 months just to find something which didn't cause me any side effects so I'm quite anxious about them messing.

Maybe try talking a bit more? Rather than letting things build up?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Maybe try talking a bit more? Rather than letting things build up?
    I don't really have much to talk about tbh or where to start. I do the same thing most days routine etc. I've lost all contact with friends/work colleagues. I'm not even sure why I'm feeling down or what I can talk about. I've always struggled communicating tbh.

Sometimes it helps just to say that you’re sad, or anxious, or life’s tough today itms. You know that here we all get it, even if everyone around you irl doesn’t ....