Page 43 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

I think most of the country have gained weight, lovely.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How are you this morning.

I think your GF has a point. If this is the third appointment that was cancelled then maybe it might be worth seeing another dr who could try something different. It worked with my husband. Our new GP was brilliant. Sent him to a different CMHT, changed meds and in turn literally saved him and changed our lives completely.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    How are you this morning.

I think your GF has a point. If this is the third appointment that was cancelled then maybe it might be worth seeing another dr who could try something different. It worked with my husband. Our new GP was brilliant. Sent him to a different CMHT, changed meds and in turn literally saved him and changed our lives completely.
    Had a little sleep still struggled I can't fall sleep anymore without background noise as it stops me thinking and worrying if I'm concentrating on something else,so I usually end up falling sleep on the sofa. Not really doing much today my partners off today she's tried to speak to me a few times but I'm not interested and haven't really responded.

It's been the 3rd time not in a row but still annoying once I was parking my car when they called to say he'd gone sick.

I was seeing a Dr but he sent me to this guy as he deals with mental health etc I'm still taking my meds but the anxiety isn't easing atm and I think it's only going to build. I'm already taking 30mg of buspirone a day.

I really, really think you need to talk to your GP about your meds - if you can’t get to see this MH guy there’s no point them referring you to him.

And please speak to your girlfriend, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Why aren't you talking to your partner? You're "not interested"? That seems harsh... She obviously loves and cares for you so it might help her too if you spoke to her. It doesn't have to be about the big stuff, just about the weather or something or maybe you could go for a walk in the woods or something together?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I really, really think you need to talk to your GP about your meds - if you can’t get to see this MH guy there’s no point them referring you to him.

And please speak to your girlfriend, lovely
    I'm wary of seeing other Dr's due to them constantly changing my meds & all the side effects I've had. At least with the current meds I've no side effects.

No side effect is great providing they are working for you. If you’re backsliding that might suggest they aren’t helping enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Why aren't you talking to your partner? You're "not interested"? That seems harsh... She obviously loves and cares for you so it might help her too if you spoke to her. It doesn't have to be about the big stuff, just about the weather or something or maybe you could go for a walk in the woods or something together?

I just don't see the point in talking about it she never seems interested she can't help the situation. I spoke to my sister yesterday but nothing really helps. It doesn't take away the constant sick feeling the worrying etc

But if they’re not working, you need to find something that does. If you want to get your life back, you need to make changes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    But if they’re not working, you need to find something that does. If you want to get your life back, you need to make changes.....
    It's not helped being off from work again I'd just got back into a routine and things were getting a little easier. I thought I'd be able to cope going back but the more time I've spent away from work the more anxious I get.

Covid also hasn't helped I just want to stay in until it calms down