Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Stella's right. It's very much about feeling the anxiety and riding it out. My husband had a brilliant psychotherapist who made him talk through his panic attacks..She made him describe how he was feeling then she said "and" so he described what happened next "and" all the way up 'till he passed out and an ambulance was called (has happened several times). Her last "and" confused him so she said "and? Well, it didn't kill you did it?" Which was very matter of fact and very much like his brain works. For him, we still hear "and" when things get tough lol.. As she explained it won't last forever and him passing out was like a restart of all the systems. It may not help you, but "and" has helped him go from someone who had to take a fairly high amount of diazepam to get outside the door and we had to have exit strategies in place for anything we did to someone who over lockdown has managed to go shopping on his own completely....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Stella's right. It's very much about feeling the anxiety and riding it out. My husband had a brilliant psychotherapist who made him talk through his panic attacks..She made him describe how he was feeling then she said "and" so he described what happened next "and" all the way up 'till he passed out and an ambulance was called (has happened several times). Her last "and" confused him so she said "and? Well, it didn't kill you did it?" Which was very matter of fact and very much like his brain works. For him, we still hear "and" when things get tough lol.. As she explained it won't last forever and him passing out was like a restart of all the systems. It may not help you, but "and" has helped him go from someone who had to take a fairly high amount of diazepam to get outside the door and we had to have exit strategies in place for anything we did to someone who over lockdown has managed to go shopping on his own completely....
    Thanks for that.

Sorry, are you being sarcastic? I was genuinely sharing something which helped my husband...

Sorry, are you being sarcastic? I was genuinely sharing something which helped my husband...
    I'm sorry what?

Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    Thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    I'm sorry what?
    I wasn't sure if your thanks was genuine or you being sarcastic because of the "and" thing...

I wasn't sure if your thanks was genuine or you being sarcastic because of the "and" thing...
    I've no idea what you were thinking but no i thanked you for the advice.

Had my Dr's appointment with my mental health practitioner cancelled today that's 3 times now hes cancelled on me last minute booked another appointment for next week tbh i don't see the point i'm telling them i'm struggling and get offered nothing.

Had no call back from the union yet so that's bugging me & no call from work since monday.

That's cool, it's just I live with sarcastic people who say "thanks for that" normally when I've totally messed up or upset someone.
    I'd call your Drs and find out why you keep being cancelled and if it might be easier to refer you to your CMHT....

That's cool, it's just I live with sarcastic people who say "thanks for that" normally when I've totally messed up or upset someone.
    I'd call your Drs and find out why you keep being cancelled and if it might be easier to refer you to your CMHT....
    I did ask when I called up to re book why it got cancelled she said she didn't know. My gf wants me to see another doctor but I don't see the point all that'll happen is I'll tell them I'm struggling I've withdrawn again but what can they do? I just feel its pointless.

Managed to have a bit to eat and went in the garage to workout

Exercise is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Exercise is always good.
    I'm trying to keep going just managed to regain all the weight I lost at Christmas when I was last bad.