Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Can you take a short walk? Maybe both of you?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Can you take a short walk? Maybe both of you?
    My girlfriend has gone to her mums house now so I'm on my own going to try and exercise in my garage to keep myself occupied

Do you have a garden? Start by going out there?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

However you do it, some fresh air might be good for you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Do you have a garden? Start by going out there?
    I'm fine going in my garden I've been keeping myself busy doing bits around the garden I'm fine in my spaces. It's going outside of my house that scares me

Then work up slowly. Go to the front door, open it. Close it walk away. Then next time take 1 step outside, then go in and build it up slowly. It does work.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I was just about to suggest what Suzi said. Just go and stand by the door. You may feel anxious but don’t walk away. Stay there until the anxiety level drops. Adrenaline won’t last for ever and remember you are still safe in your own home. Then open the door again ride out the anxiety. Next maybe take a chair and sit outside my the door until you are less anxious. Then maybe go to the end of your driveway/garden gate. You can take these small steps at your own pace but try and challenge yourself a little and in time each step will get easier. It’s a technique I’ve used myself and although it hasn’t cared my anxiety it has stopped my irrational fears from controlling my life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Suzi (10-06-20)

Thanks I'm sometimes fine better if I'm not on my own. I'm fine in my car etc for the past year or 2 I've literally been going to & from work and I started to get to the doctors on my own just used to dread the waiting room, so I'd arrive late hoping I'd go straight in.

Its got alot harder since lock down I seem to be back at square one again

I get it John, a few years ago I couldn’t leave the house alone other than to go to work and then I would freak out when I arrived burst into tears, turn around and go home cos I couldn’t face it. I lost count of the times I’ve stressed out in a supermarket, dumped up trolley and just left cos I was so overwhelmed. I have loads of tips to help deal with it all. You can get your life back.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    I get it John, a few years ago I couldn’t leave the house alone other than to go to work and then I would freak out when I arrived burst into tears, turn around and go home cos I couldn’t face it. I lost count of the times I’ve stressed out in a supermarket, dumped up trolley and just left cos I was so overwhelmed. I have loads of tips to help deal with it all. You can get your life back.
    Experienced the same thing arrive at work then I end up sitting in the car for 10 mins trying to pluck up the courage to leave the car and walk in.

I'm lucky my girlfriend does the grocery shopping last time I went I end up just sitting in the car waiting.