Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

I'm glad you're getting that letter, hope it's all you need.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

john82 (22-01-20)

Ive had an email from the doctors today got to ring for the password to download the pdf documents so hopefully there my records

4. The Following User Says Thank You to john82 For This Useful Post:

Paula (22-01-20)

That's great!

Thought I'd post an update.

Trying to get back into work still tough, not sleeping very well I'm waiting to see the psychiatrist again to review my meds.

Work today basically told me I can't stay working 14 hours due to ESA and that I either sign a new Co tract only working 14 hours or up my hours to 6 and supplement with holiday. Don't really know what to do now I'm in the process of being reassessed for ESA.

I mentioned to work about getting occupational health involved but they said they wouldn't do anything as I'm not off sick.

Then you have several options, but I'd suggest talking to CAB or ACAS or a union for help and proper advice..

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Then you have several options, but I'd suggest talking to CAB or ACAS or a union for help and proper advice..
    Thanks I'm just tired and really fed up wish I felt normal again and not different. It just sets all my anxiety off its like I'm going in circles.

I think anyone with a chronic illness feels similar. It's really hard, but you have to get the proper advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I think anyone with a chronic illness feels similar. It's really hard, but you have to get the proper advice.
    I sometimes think it'll just be easier to leave but then i think that i'll just go back to isolating myself again and it'd be 10x harder to start somewhere fresh with my anxiety etc. I've known this would be coming at some point i cant stay on 14 hours forever just wish it didn't make me feel so worthless.

You’re not worthless, and none of us should value ourselves purely on our job. I do get it, I haven’t been able to work since 2007 (although I do some voluntary work) and it’s hard to accept that something that’s been a huge part of our adult lives is potentially changing, but a job is just a job
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I completely agree with Paula. It's highly unlikely that I'll be well enough to go into paid employment anytime soon (if ever) so I do voluntary work instead which helps my self esteem, makes me feel I am giving something back itms? A job is a job. Your health and welfare is much, much more important that that!