Page 30 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Pip is a disability payment that has nothing to do with whether you are able to work. It’s designed to compensate people with disabilities for the extra costs that entails. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...nd-carers/pip/

Also, permitted work under ESA is 16 hours, not 14, although it is subject to earnings up to £131.50 https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...e-getting-esa/

Suzi’s right, and I’m sure we’ve said it before, you need to go to Citizens Advice .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (31-12-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Pip is a disability payment that has nothing to do with whether you are able to work. It’s designed to compensate people with disabilities for the extra costs that entails. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...nd-carers/pip/

Also, permitted work under ESA is 16 hours, not 14, although it is subject to earnings up to £131.50 https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...e-getting-esa/

Suzi’s right, and I’m sure we’ve said it before, you need to go to Citizens Advice .....
    Thanks I've just told my partners parents about what's been going on and her mum advised me on pip, also had a call back from validium who want me to call them back Friday after I've seen the mental health practitioner.

You can talk to your partners parents, but not your partner? Are they qualified in benefits at all?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    You can talk to your partners parents, but not your partner? Are they qualified in benefits at all?
    I know and she's sitting here whilst I'm telling them that's what it's like!

No her mum mentioned looking into pip that was all

So why don't you talk to her? I'd find it hurtful to feel you could talk to my parents, but not to me......

Suzi’s right, in a way it’s no wonder your partner doesn’t get it. If you’ll talk to her parents but not her, immediately she’s going to be on the defensive. Talk to her, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

john82 (01-01-20)

So why don't you talk to her? I'd find it hurtful to feel you could talk to my parents, but not to me......
    I Suppose it leads me back to getting hurt from the previous relationship ive always had my guard up ever since & now i find it difficult to talk to her + there's the fear shes probably thinking im going crazy at the moment.

Told work today about whats been going on didnt get much back from them at all waste of time really but ive let them know.Trying to keep to my hours as much as i can atm which is all i can do,woke up today it took me 30 mins to get myself out of bed to start getting ready for work.

Hope you all had a Happy new Year

It's not fair to judge her by your ex.... I promise you whatever she's thinking is worse than how things actually are. If you can't trust her to talk to her then what can you trust her with?

What did you want work to say? It's not a waste of time to tell them what's going on lovely.

It's not fair to judge her by your ex.... I promise you whatever she's thinking is worse than how things actually are. If you can't trust her to talk to her then what can you trust her with?

What did you want work to say? It's not a waste of time to tell them what's going on lovely.
    I know I just seem to be really needy at the moment.

Called about pip today but it's a Bank hol so will try again tomorrow.

Can you not apply online?

Have you spoken to her yet?