Page 28 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

I'm stressing about work 2mos and who I should even talk to about lowering my hours for now as the lady who was dealing with my rehab works lates so I never see her & I can't speak to my boss at the moment due to what he did last week + need to tell them I'm back on medication. I'm just worried how they'll react.

I've booked in to see the mental health practitioner for Friday at my doctors.

Mira
    When I was in therapy one thing that came up was that I should not look at other people for what I need. As you know we are not mind readers. So if you need something from your girlfriend or your family please just ask them or talk to them about it. After I told my family how I was doing there was a bit more understanding and they tried to help. Even if it is hard. It will help.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (30-12-19),Suzi (30-12-19)

Mira
    Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    I'm stressing about work 2mos and who I should even talk to about lowering my hours for now as the lady who was dealing with my rehab works lates so I never see her & I can't speak to my boss at the moment due to what he did last week + need to tell them I'm back on medication. I'm just worried how they'll react.

I've booked in to see the mental health practitioner for Friday at my doctors.
    Seems to me that you worry about a lot of people around you and how they will react. This is something I am doing all the time as well. And eventhough I myself can not stop it at the moment I do know its not good for me and not for you. You are in a vulnerable state at the moment. And that means taking care of number 1. That is you. So try to look at yourself and what you need. Try to not think about others and what they think or how they will react. You do not know how they will react.

Is it possible to send the lady thats dealing with that an email? Or give her a call?

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    When I was in therapy one thing that came up was that I should not look at other people for what I need. As you know we are not mind readers. So if you need something from your girlfriend or your family please just ask them or talk to them about it. After I told my family how I was doing there was a bit more understanding and they tried to help. Even if it is hard. It will help.
    Thing is I don't think there's much they can do, mainly me stressing about work etc. I know there concerned, thing is I don't think any of my family know what to do.

All I can tell them is that I'm struggling badly atm feels like I just want to cry but then I'm thinking am I just looking for sympathy??

I just want to get back to normal and get back on track at the moment it definitely feels like I'm going backwards again and I don't know what to do to get out of it.

I've got my parterns parents coming round 2mos for dinner. I know her mums concerned about me as she's messaged and noticed it boxing day

I'll go to work tomorrow and laugh and joke with my friends but I try and talk to them about how I feel and they just don't get it or don't know what to say anymore.

Mira
    Thing is I don't think there's much they can do, mainly me stressing about work etc. I know there concerned, thing is I don't think any of my family know what to do.

All I can tell them is that I'm struggling badly atm feels like I just want to cry but then I'm thinking am I just looking for sympathy??

I just want to get back to normal and get back on track at the moment it definitely feels like I'm going backwards again and I don't know what to do to get out of it.

I've got my parterns parents coming round 2mos for dinner. I know her mums concerned about me as she's messaged and noticed it boxing day
    You are right. They can not fix how you are feeling or take it away. But my family try to comfort me a little more. Send a text every now and then. For me its the little things that count. You are struggling at the moment and you feel like crying. That sounds like a good time for some sympathy. And there is nothing wrong with that. I tend to think its worth encouraging.

I know you want to get back to normal. But it might need some out of the box thinking. And you can not do it alone. You might need help from the people around you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (30-12-19)

Mira
    I'll go to work tomorrow and laugh and joke with my friends but I try and talk to them about how I feel and they just don't get it or don't know what to say anymore.
    I have that with my best friend. When I tell him how I am doing he does not know what to do or say. I can see it on his face. But he listens and tries. And that means the world to me. And that is what a friend is to me.

You’re not looking for sympathy, you’re looking for support. There is a mountain of difference between the two. And it isn’t about them knowing what to do, it’s about you not shutting out the people who love you and letting them take some of the load. You are doing this alone, and you don’t have to. In fact, it just makes it a thousand times harder for you to deal with
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

john82 (30-12-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    You’re not looking for sympathy, you’re looking for support. There is a mountain of difference between the two. And it isn’t about them knowing what to do, it’s about you not shutting out the people who love you and letting them take some of the load. You are doing this alone, and you don’t have to. In fact, it just makes it a thousand times harder for you to deal with
    The thing is I've no idea why I'm feeling like this, ended up going doc's as I'd struggled with my mood for years and now it feels like I've opened Pandora's box and can't shut it

Are you seeing a therapist at the moment? Could you request to be put on the waiting list or bring an appointment first....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!