Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Hi John. If you’re in the U.K. contact your local MIND, they should have details of any local CBT courses to you. Alternatively, you could look at online CBT - that’s often free though I’d recommend you get recommendations as the quality of such courses can vary. If your employer is pressurising you to have private treatment then, imho, your employer should be footing the bill for any private treatment!

Sweetie, why are you embarrassed to talk to your friends? Mental health affects 1 person in every 4 so is very common. It’s nothing to be ashamed of and doesn’t mean you’re weak - in my experience quite the opposite. Talking to friends can make a huge difference to mental health
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You have no reason to be embarrassed by being poorly..... It's not a choice and it's not something you can control like any other long term illness...

The NHS have some links which might be helpful https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress...elp-therapies/
    Have you ever tried meditation and or mindfulness?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I had a look at the local MIND but i cant find a lot in Leicester.

I don't know why i haven't spoken to my friends i just think its easier to hide away at home,one of my close friends knows who i haven't spoken to for over a month as his dad's just died from terminal cancer so i know hes going through alot so won't want to hear my troubles.

TBH my situation compared to his is what i can't get my head round as to why im the one feeling low etc its embarrassing when hes had so much to deal with over the last year he just gets on with it seems so much more positive & all i can do is wish i was more like him

Wished they'd let you edit posts!!

I've not tried meditation or mindfulness?

I've been trying to start exercising again even bought an expensive rowing machine to kick start me again but i just seem to look for excuses and cant get motivated

Actually it's me who has set the forum not to allow members to edit posts. There are many reasons for this. If you ever want something edited all you have to do is let a mender of the team know and we will always help...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Julie
    Apps for mental health

There is an app that is free called woebot CBT based. You talk to an AI chatbot
    Headspace app is free and is mindfulness/ meditation ( GP recommended to a friend of mine that was stressed/anxiety)
    While you are waiting for Nhs therapy
    Hope your mood improves
    All the very best
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    Wished they'd let you edit posts!!

I've not tried meditation or mindfulness?

I've been trying to start exercising again even bought an expensive rowing machine to kick start me again but i just seem to look for excuses and cant get motivated
    Walking helps me so much , just a short walk even getting out being around even people I donÂ’t know helps me feel connected . Hope you feel better
    Last edited by Suzi; 01-08-18 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Merging posts. Please try not to double post minutes apart. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    I had a look at the local MIND but i cant find a lot in Leicester.

I don't know why i haven't spoken to my friends i just think its easier to hide away at home,one of my close friends knows who i haven't spoken to for over a month as his dad's just died from terminal cancer so i know hes going through alot so won't want to hear my troubles.

TBH my situation compared to his is what i can't get my head round as to why im the one feeling low etc its embarrassing when hes had so much to deal with over the last year he just gets on with it seems so much more positive & all i can do is wish i was more like him
    I am naturally a very upbeat, confident, bubbly person yet become the polar opposite when I’m in crisis. Mental illness is a disease, one which you couldn’t help in the same way you couldn’t help getting flu. Please don’t beat yourself up for being ill, it’s not your fault
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Walking helps me so much , just a short walk even getting out being around even people I don’t know helps me feel connected . Hope you feel better
    I walk my dog everyday but lately i just try to avoid people

I've been on Mirtazapine for over 3 weeks now and i'm struggling with it.

Fed up waking up in the middle of the night with aching joints/pains,and then trying to get out of bed i feel like a zombie for the 1st 2 hours or so.My joints ache so much its like i've flu.

Think im going to ask to come off them and try something else.

I've tried the app called woebot but it just felt a little silly talking to an app

Definitely talk to your doctor, the side effects should be easing by now.