Page 19 of 83 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Last 2 days have been better had daily headaches and the sickness has gradually eased.

Last 2 mornings I've had to cover my legs with the duvet as I was cold! Also I was actually cold when walking my dog Sunday! Fingers crossed .

I've still been taking the tabs the doctor prescribed but only 1 instead of 2 fluoxetine.

That’s really positive
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Why have you halved the dose of fluoxetine?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Why have you halved the dose of fluoxetine?
    I halved the dose as ideally id like to come off the tablets soon and figured it would be easier on a smaller dose. I'm sick of all the side effects i've been putting up with for over a year,it just makes more more paranoid and anxious about going out.

I've tried so many tablets now maybe anti-depressants aren't for me and i seem to be the only one getting the constant sweating from taking them,plus im due to start back work soon and i can't face the side effects.

I'm wondering if that's why im feeling sick around 4-7pm that's when i should take the 2nd tab or is that just a coincidence

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It probably is. Really you shouldn't come off a tablet without speaking to your GP.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

You really do need to talk to your Dr. Messing around with your doses is going to make everything so much harder on you. There are medications you can be given to try to stop the sweating.... You have options. Surely if it's working to help your mental health then that's the best thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    It probably is. Really you shouldn't come off a tablet without speaking to your GP.
    I'm seeing the mental health guy on the 23rd I'm still on the tabs they gave me just half the dosage,I'll talk to him then he knows the situation he had to persuade me last time to try the venlafaxine and basically lied by saying these wouldn't cause sweating when it's one of the most common side effects.

The only thing I'm worried about is going back to work and feeling miserable again once Ive come off the tablets

But you haven't given the meds long enough to get into your system - then you've changed the dose which will then take up to another 8 weeks, then if you're talking about stopping them then it's really going to make you feel so much worse. You aren't giving yourself a fair chance really....

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    But you haven't given the meds long enough to get into your system - then you've changed the dose which will then take up to another 8 weeks, then if you're talking about stopping them then it's really going to make you feel so much worse. You aren't giving yourself a fair chance really....
    I'm not being funny but I've been on about the sweating since last year and they've done nothing so I don't really hold out much hope they will now and if they do I'd be even more annoyed that they've let me suffer with it for this long.

The doctor changed me off venlafaxine because my regular Dr was sick these have then made me feel awful for the past week with withdrawal symptoms

But have you asked them to prescribe something specific for the sweating?