Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Spoke to the doctor yesterday my regular doctor is off sick mentioned I wasn't happy with the side effects and he's now prescribed me lofepramine (shake

So you're switching or adding it in? I assume you'll be cutting down your current med if switching?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    So you're switching or adding it in? I assume you'll be cutting down your current med if switching?
    As far as I know there to replace the venlafaxine I only had 1 tab left picked the new tabs up today I'm supposed to take 2 a day so I take it morning and night? Can't imagine all these med changes are doing me any good

What dose venlafaxine are you on?

I was on the lowest 75mg doctor didn't mention anything really just said try another tablet to see if it stops the side effects

OK, just be aware that to start with you will have the new side effects and the side effects of the old one leaving your system....

What I don't understand is that if you are finding one beneficial for your mental health and the issue you have is sweating then why don't they prescribe you something to help with that?

OK, just be aware that to start with you will have the new side effects and the side effects of the old one leaving your system....

What I don't understand is that if you are finding one beneficial for your mental health and the issue you have is sweating then why don't they prescribe you something to help with that?
    Oh great more side effects. He did ask how I was I said I was feeling great atm the minute it's just that I couldn't cope with he sweating side effect anymore and was told that the venlafaxine wouldn't cause it but it does.

He just said it's because of the serotonin or something.

I'm seeing the regular doctor but not until the 23rd as hes sick then on holiday

I'd have thought they would have prescribed something for the sweating by now as that's all I keep moaning about. I've tried odaban which is fine for the top of my head but it's mainly my torso that's the problem.

I'll give these a go for a while and see how I get on if they do t work I'm not sure where I'm going to go from there

Ask about something that combats the sweating. There are other options out there.

Ask about something that combats the sweating. There are other options out there.
    Well its the 3rd day and the sweating has defiantly got worse

I would expect that as one is leaving your system and one is getting into your system....