Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    What side effects are you dealing with?
    Main one that's making me way more anxious is sweating the anti depressants seem to make me sweat loads

That's a symptom I have with one of my conditions so I do understand how things can be - but if it's helping your mood then is it not worth persevering?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I know that seems a lot of meds but unfortunately it’s often the case that it takes multiple attempts to get it right. There are a lot of alternative meds available, any chance I could convince you to persevere?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's a symptom I have with one of my conditions so I do understand how things can be - but if it's helping your mood then is it not worth persevering?
    Thing is I'm due to go back to work a week Monday and I'm really worried about the side effects.

I'm quite active exercise alot and since I've been on these tabs the slightest bit sets me off walking the dog etc so I'm really worried about work where it's physical,I can see myself panicking

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I know that seems a lot of meds but unfortunately itÂ’s often the case that it takes multiple attempts to get it right. There are a lot of alternative meds available, any chance I could convince you to persevere?
    I started taking CBD oil over a month ago so hoping maybe that'll help I'm currently sat here now feeling sick and panicking most likely about work even though I've been fine it seems to be the closer it gets the worse I do.

Thing is I knew it's going to take a while for the meds to come out of my system,I'll speak to the doctor about where I go from here
    Last edited by Paula; 01-08-19 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Merged posts, please do not double post

There are extra strong anti perspirants on the market - I had a similar problem years ago and they helped for me at the time. I used Perspirex but there are loads of others
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    There are extra strong anti perspirants on the market - I had a similar problem years ago and they helped for me at the time. I used Perspirex but there are loads of others
    Yep already tried I just want to go back to normal

What meds have you tried - and for how long? Why did you stop each one?

What meds have you tried - and for how long? Why did you stop each one?
    Sertraline 50mg Upped due to not feeling anything Noticed sweating getting a lot worse

Sertraline 100mg Again stopped due to it feeling like it wasn't working (2-3 months)

Mirtazapine 15mg 1 month stopped due to really bad side effects (electric shock sensations,sluggish,dizzy spells,sweating)

Duciltia 30mg Stopped due to upping meds

Duloxetine 60mg I was on this the longest No other side effects apart from sweating a lot

May 2019

Duloxetine 30mg Reduced dosage to switch to another drug 4 weeks

June 2019

Venlafaxine This is what ive been on since June

What meds were upped causing you to stopping those?

As it takes 6 - 8 weeks for each AD to fully get into your system and then the same time for each meds change and again to leave your system it does stand to reason that you do still have the duloxetine getting out of your system as well as the venlafexine getting into your system...

Personally, I was never on any of my ADs for less than 6 months before the doctor and I decided to try something else .....