Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Why do you think they’ll try to make you go private?
    It's something my boss mentioned last time I had a meeting with them,said it would speed things up and get me back to work quicker

Then, as Suzi says, they’ll have to pay
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Many, many years ago the place my husband was working for were brilliant during his first breakdown. They had a private insurance scheme which paid for him to have a counsellor who came out to him at home after seeing a psych in Harley Street. They couldn't have done more to try to help because they cared, rather than for anything else....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

It's been a while so thought I'd post an update as I don't really have anyone to talk to.

I've been switched onto duloxetine 60mg and have been taking them for the past month or so.

I'm still waiting on the let's talk I've finally got an appointment for this coming Monday after waiting since June the I sometimes wondered why I bothered to go to them for help.My moods still all over the place usually worse at night.

I've been trying to exercise to stay positive.Im still finding it tough to talk to friends and have completely cut myself off mainly because I'm embarrassed and feel ashamed about the situation.

I've a meeting with work on Friday about how they can help me get bk they mentioned working days for a few hours just to get myself bk into the business and talking to people.I worried there going to put pressure on me at the meeting to accept that,although they've been great so far.I don't feel ready to do that yet and would like to wait until I've seen the councillor.Im really terrified about going into the place on Friday as I don't want all the questions and the I haven't a clue what to say

What are you embarrassed and ashamed of lovely?
    When did you last see someone for a meds review? Do you not feel these are helping much?

Walker extraordinaire!
    Can you reschedule Friday??

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    What are you embarrassed and ashamed of lovely?
    When did you last see someone for a meds review? Do you not feel these are helping much?
    I'm embarrassed and ashamed about the way i feel,the amount of time i've been off work,what my friends & colleagues will think,half the time i feel like i don't fit in.

My meds were changed about a month & half ago this is the 4th time they've been changed.I feel like none of them are working as i still feel low almost everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    Can you reschedule Friday??
    No i can't reschedule friday,they agreed to meet me elsewhere if it was easier but i want to meet at work as i have to go in there at some point and i feel like im just putting off the inevitable.It's just an idea so i was told over the phone to think about and that the meeting was in no way formal etc its just to see how i am and if they can do anything to help although there's going to be somebody else there taking notes??. I just hope i don't feel pressured,i'm not the most confident, i told them over the phone i've finally got a date to talk to a Councillor 28th and i'm about to start my sessions so ideally does it sound bad if i say my heads not right and i'd like to see how the counselling sessions go before making a decision about returning to work?

Sweetheart you are poorly. Would you be so embarrassed if it was something you could physically see? You really have no reason to be embarrassed or ashamed. Illness is illness....
    Did you have a break between the medications? 6 weeks isn't long enough to see if it's going to help, especially if you are decreasing another one too at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Sweetheart you are poorly. Would you be so embarrassed if it was something you could physically see? You really have no reason to be embarrassed or ashamed. Illness is illness....
    Did you have a break between the medications? 6 weeks isn't long enough to see if it's going to help, especially if you are decreasing another one too at the same time.
    I'm not sure the people at work will all see it like that...

I just switched tabs straight away so far I've been on

Sertraline 50mg

Sertraline 100mg

Mirtazapine 15mg

Duciltia 30mg

Duloxetine 60mg

I'm still having quite bad thoughts almost daily I was hoping for a tablet that would immediately make me feel happy

There isn't a magic cure all pill I'm afraid..

How long have you been on each one? Just straight swap from one to the next?