Page 64 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Have you tried talking to your friends about their lives? Get involved in their lives again? Talk about what you talked about before you became ill?
    No I've not tried tbh.

I stopped talking to them when I was depressed then all the thoughts of well there not bothered anyway start going round my head.

We've a WhatsApp group and I've not replied on there for a very long time as I feel I can't be seen to be having a laugh with them as it might give off the wrong impression and people would comment well he sounds OK he's been having a laugh etc.

Called the Psychiatrist yesterday they actually called me Friday just past but on a withheld number for a chat which I missed. I'm still on a waiting list but the lady said she's emailed the team lead and there going to send a letter out next time there going to call.

Spoke to validium yesterday as well just to confirm why they can't give me any sessions as I've got to update work as I've now got my sick note to email in.

Woke up a few times during the night with bad dreams worrying about work etc woke up with the sickness feeling again

If you look around this forum, you’ll see that we are always having a laugh, joking around with each other. Enjoying time with friends is an important part of recovery. Chat with your friends, hunni, it really will help
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (10-11-20)

Paula's right. Just because you have diagnosed depression doesn't mean you can't laugh and have fun with friends....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (10-11-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    ^^^^^^what they said
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

If it wasn’t for my sense of humour I’d be 6 ft under by now. Clinical depression doesn’t mean you can’t be happy and enjoy time with friends and family. It’s these things that keep us going.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (10-11-20)

You know what I mean... Obviously it gets in the way, but there are times when you can enjoy time with others too....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thought I'd update I feel like I've been making progress I've started going up to my parents house with my partner and have been going for walks with sister or partner.

Spoke to work today which went really well until he put a little pressure by setting me a date to aim for 10th January.

I'm going back on overnights as there's no jobs on days anymore in one way I'm glad as it's all familiar but I'm worried I'll start to feel down again.

Aiming to nip into work tomorrow night to see a friend but I've been here before and bottled it.

One step at a time. It’s wonderful you’ve started getting out and about. I’d say, don’t focus too hard on 10th January for now, it’s a while off yet. Just keep doing what you’re doing, gradually doing a bit more and see how you get on
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    That is all really positive. You are doing so well. Little steps at a time
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    One step at a time. It’s wonderful you’ve started getting out and about. I’d say, don’t focus too hard on 10th January for now, it’s a while off yet. Just keep doing what you’re doing, gradually doing a bit more and see how you get on
    Thanks

Im still struggling going out but it's getting easier.

I'm feeling quite down this evening worrying about work etc also with Christmas coming up I'm constantly thinking about how I was last year