Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    There are 2 types of venlafaxine, a "normal" one and an extended release one. The "normal" one is 2 tablets
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Right I've been on Venlafaxine for about 6 weeks now.

I feel like my mood has improved quite a bit I went out for a meal last week with friends that's the first time I've been out socially in almost 18 months!

I'm still getting hot sweats, it feels like my body temperature is off that's the only side effect I'm still getting and it's still a big one Dr said venlafaxine shouldn't cause sweating although when you look online it's one of the side effects?

Go back and talk to them, but if that's the only negative can you live with it?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’m so chuffed you’re starting to feel the benefits . Thing with side effects is they often reduce with time but talk to your doctor if you’re really struggling. It may be there’s something that could help
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

The thing is I hate it, it makes me way more anxious.

Was helping my sister take down a wall today with my 65 year old dad and I was literally dripping where as my dad hasn't even broke into a sweat it's really embarrassing.

Thing is the mental health practitioner said it's quite common with anti depressants and if I was to come off them he couldn't help me anymore.

Plus I've already been on 4 different anti depressants and they all caused me to sweat a lot which makes me not want to go out

I've had that problem. It lasted ages for me I'm afraid. It was embarrassing as I teach crafts in a school once a week and by the time I was finished I would be very wet. The way I got over it, was to mention it to people before I started. Most are very understanding. I told them it was a side effect of my meds and they completely understood.
    Try this and see what reaction you get. I'm sure like me you'll only find understanding.

I'm hoping I can cope with it at work but it's in public where I struggle even walking the dog it's weird as when I'm doing weights it's nowhere near as bad in the garage.

Dreading the weather this week as it's going to be scorching

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Could it be anxiety related then? Rather than a side effect of the ad?
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I have it as part of one of my medical conditions - I just tell people that I have a broken thermostat. I've recently bought something called neat 3B Face saver gel which is meant to help. I've not really had chance to try it out properly yet, but it does seem to help..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Could it be anxiety related then? Rather than a side effect of the ad?
    I'm not sure all I know is that I never suffered with this until I started to take medication