Page 15 of 83 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

6 weeks and it's still not fully in your system - that can take up to 8 weeks. Do go and talk to your GP again if this is continuing. They might be able to suggest something?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    6 weeks and it's still not fully in your system - that can take up to 8 weeks. Do go and talk to your GP again if this is continuing. They might be able to suggest something?
    Thing is I've been complaining about the side effect maybe a month or 2 after I first started to take the tabs all I got was it's just a common side effect.

I feel good ATM but I'm not going to continue to just put up with it I'll mention it again when I see the doc a week Friday I can guarantee he'll say it could be the duloxitine working its way out my system.

The thing I didn't like is him saying venlafaxine won't cause sweating when it's listed as a common side effect.

Its tricky I think I need some medication to help with my mood but not at the cost of feeling even more anxious and embarrassed.

If you don’t agree with the doctor, perhaps it’s worth seeing another one in the practice
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    If you don’t agree with the doctor, perhaps it’s worth seeing another one in the practice
    I've seen 1 doctor and then he referred me to a mental health practitioner who's worked with mind etc he's the one who's witched my meds to venlafaxine he said there's loads we can try but I'm beginning to think what's the point as everyone so far has caused this side effect.

It is like my internal body temperature has been raised since taking meds

Definitely talk to them. I know I had to decide whether I wanted to live with pain or the meds side effects..... I chose to deal with the crappy side effects...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Definitely talk to them. I know I had to decide whether I wanted to live with pain or the meds side effects..... I chose to deal with the crappy side effects...
    Thanks for the replies I'm grateful for the advice

Had a rough night last night ive woke up feeling sick and seem to be worrying and i cant quite work out why.

Had a good day yesterday managed to go out with friends for lunch and had a good afternoon and then this evening i started to worry and feel sick.

I'm due to see the doctor soon and that's been on my mind as to what i want to do as i leaning towards coming off the tabs as the side effects are just to much to handle

Remind me again what meds you’ve tried?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

What side effects are you dealing with?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Remind me again what meds you’ve tried?
    Sertraline 50mg

Sertraline 100mg

Mirtazapine 15mg

Duciltia 30mg

Duloxetine 60mg

May 2019

Duloxetine 30mg

June 2019

Venlafaxine