Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Quote Originally Posted by Strugglingmum View Post
    Yes I've seen some advertised. Our government has actually put printable cards on their website that you can just download and print off. We have only been mask compulsory this week so we are a bit behind you guys I think.
    I was shopping yesterday and while most people were wearing masks, there were a few who were not and tbh no one gave them a second look. I am just so scared of someone challenging me that I persevere with it but I am constantly pulling it out from my face to breath. It only takes me 20 mins to run round Asda so I'm managing it so far.
    Thats the reason I don't go in for fear of somebody challenging me it just stresses me out.

Quote Originally Posted by john82 View Post
    Ive been trying to get a hidden disability lanyard & card which I think will help although ills still be the odd one out if everyone's wearing a mask.
    The Sunflower Lanyard is NOT an excuse to get out of wearing a mask. It is to instruct staff that you have a condition that may involve you needing extra help and support. That said anxiety is on the list of conditions that are exempt from wearing a mask however my advice is to at least try giving the mask a go. Yes it is uncomfortable and unusual but it is for safety.

If however you feel that the lanyard is something that is beneficial to you other that not wearing a mask then go ahead. I’m all for the scheme and it’s made a big difference to me.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (13-08-20),Suzi (13-08-20)

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    The Sunflower Lanyard is NOT an excuse to get out of wearing a mask. It is to instruct staff that you have a condition that may involve you needing extra help and support. That said anxiety is on the list of conditions that are exempt from wearing a mask however my advice is to at least try giving the mask a go. Yes it is uncomfortable and unusual but it is for safety.

If however you feel that the lanyard is something that is beneficial to you other that not wearing a mask then go ahead. I’m all for the scheme and it’s made a big difference to me.
    I never said it was an excuse not to wear a mask, the idea was that it would help me to get out and into the shops if I had something like that incase people confronted me as to why I wasn't wearing one.

As SM has said, you can just go onto the gov.uk website and print something off to explain why you’re not wearing a mask. You can do that today (https://assets.publishing.service.go...e_to_print.pdf)
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

john82 (13-08-20)

Yes so far they've mainly been bad days or meh days using an app called daylio.
    Are you just tracking the whole day? I've not heard of that app, hence I'm asking. Try tracking first thing you get up, morning, lunch, afternoon, evening, just before bed

Ive been trying to get a hidden disability lanyard & card which I think will help although ills still be the odd one out if everyone's wearing a mask.
    Go to the hidden disabilities website and order one
    Although my husband and my children have fought through the anxiety by buying material ones which are much more comfortable than the hospital style ones..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I never said it was an excuse not to wear a mask, the idea was that it would help me to get out and into the shops if I had something like that incase people confronted me as to why I wasn't wearing one.
    My point is many people are abusing the scheme and think the sunflower lanyard is for mask exemption when it is nothing of the sort. There is no actual mask exemption “symbol”. If you can’t wear a mask don’t wear a mask. SM and Paula are right you can print out cards at home but again it’s not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    My point is many people are abusing the scheme and think the sunflower lanyard is for mask exemption when it is nothing of the sort. There is no actual mask exemption “symbol”. If you can’t wear a mask don’t wear a mask. SM and Paula are right you can print out cards at home but again it’s not necessary.
    https://hiddendisabilitiesstore.com/...-covering.html

I’m fully aware. I have one myself due to respiratory conditions. What I am telling you is that the scheme is not just about face masks and if you didn’t need the scheme before and you don’t need the scheme after the face masks are no longer necessary, then you don’t need it now.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Flo (17-08-20),Suzi (17-08-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    John those are fab aren't they!!
    The sunflower lanyard, I believe, was designed with autism/asperger's/ sensory issues in mind....and Im sure other conditions I am not aware of long before this awful pandemic started.
    Facemasks are not going away anywhere fast so if it makes you feel easier to cope with shopping etc or being out in public then invest in one. Mental illness could definitely be classed as a hidden disability in my book so while it may not be the original intention, I believe if it makes life easier get one.
    I know people who have autism etc are concerned that other people using the lanyard may belittle their relevance or effectiveness but I dont think it will......if anything it has raised awareness of what they mean.
    You could always print off one of the govt cards discussed before and attach it to any lanyard to wear.

It's all about just giving each other respect to cope in a hard time. I have been in shops here where people haven't been wearing masks and none has said a word.
    I really struggle with masks too but I try and mostly manage, but sometimes I have to take it off even just for a few moments to breath. Most people give you a sympathetic or understanding look.....if they even notice.
    Whatever you decide, it has to work for you.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

Flo (17-08-20),john82 (17-08-20),Suzi (17-08-20)

I agree, I don't think you need anything - the only time people are being challenged around here is public transport heading into London. If you don't want to/can't wear one then don't! It really is that simple.
    The hidden disabilities scheme is amazing and I agree with Stella there are a lot of people who are now picking up on it and abusing it because they don't need it, they are using it as an exemption and because you don't need any id or "proof" for it anyone can get one and it is watering down the impact and what it actually stands for...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!