Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    There isn't a magic cure all pill I'm afraid..

How long have you been on each one? Just straight swap from one to the next?
    The shortest one was Mirtazapine as I had horrible side effects but at least 6 weeks on some.

Yep I was just straight swapped by the dr

No wonder you feel rubbish! It takes 4 - 8 weeks to get into your system and the same for each dose change - both up, down and stopping! So you haven't been able to properly try any of them as you still had the other one getting into/out of your system!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thought I'd post an update I've finally managed to get in with the well being councillors and have been to 5 sessions so far.

My anxiety has gone down since but my mood is still low,everyone I mention this to the councillor that I'm constantly feeling down and everything seems like a struggle she doesn't really seem to reply. It feels like her main aim is for me to get back into work but I'm worried as it feels like nothings changed and the fact I'm still feeling down, having regular suicidal thoughts

I spoke to my doctor on Monday and he mentioned he could up the dosage of duloxetine I'm currently on 60mg so that's an option.

I'm just concerned as I've never had therapy before so don't really know what to expect I was hoping they'd help with the thoughts I've been having but all I've been told to do is write a daily diary about what I'm doing for the last 4 weeks.
    Last edited by Paula; 14-03-19 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Merging posts as per DWD policy - please try n to double post in quick succession

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It often takes time for therapy to be effective. Carry on being as honest as you can
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    It often takes time for therapy to be effective. Carry on being as honest as you can
    I have been completely honest so far still get embarrassed telling them how I'm feeling.

Only thing that's caught me off guard a few times is when they ask me where do I want to go etc to which I reply I just want to stop feeling miserable

That seems like a good aim to start with. Jaq’s right, therapy takes time. It may seem that progress is slow but there is progress - your anxiety is already improved. The rest will come, sweetie, I’m sure of it

There is nothing to feel embarrassed about, you’re ill, you won’t be saying anything they won’t have heard before
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I completely agree with Jaq and Paula. It takes time, but if you are struggling do talk to your dr again about upping your meds then do so lovely.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

A trip back to the doctor seems to be on the cards. You are doing great as you are. Try every day to just keep going forward. I believe you can make it.

Had a chat with the Dr about how i was feeling on Monday. I told him about my moods being up & down,mainly down at night when i've got too much time to think, and im still having a lot of thoughts about maybe it would be better and easier if i wasn't here.He suggested maybe upping the meds but the main problem im having with duloxetine 60mg was it was causing me to sweat from just walking my dog and im dreading the summer when it actually gets warm!!. I'm staying on 60mg at the moment and will see how i feel next visit.

I've got a meeting with Work next week which has already set my anxiety off panicking about what will happen feeling sick etc.Last time they offered to give me reduced hours etc but i hadn't started the counselling and wanted to try that before going back to work.To be honest the counselling has given me the option to talk to somebody which i needed,but i'm still waiting for the magical answers for how do i make myself feel happier?.

Truth is its easier for me to hide away at home then having to deal with people at work,I still don't know how to deal with the situation when people ask where i've been, whats been wrong etc

When do you see the doctor next? If you haven’t got a time frame, can I suggest you don’t leave it much longer than a few weeks?

Wrt counselling, of course it can make a big difference but there is no magical solution to depression, I’m afraid.....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.