Page 61 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine effects & mood gym *SU Trigger*

Gave them a call waiting on a call back from a band 7 nurse. The lady on the phone said I'm on a waiting list for a nurse and it was due to be discussed at the next meeting.

Well that's really positive. Well done for calling.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

john82 (21-10-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    That's good news
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

john82 (21-10-20)

No call back today at least I can say I'm doing everything they advised

They are likely to only have 1 multidisciplinary team meeting a week, so it's unlikely you'll hear back for a week or so.... Be patient.
    Have you started talking to your wife yet?

Just had a catch up with work which has left me feeling down.

They asked what I'd been doing etc to try and leave the house which made me feel sick & awful.

He mentioned the report was positive and especially the bit about returning to work in weeks rather than no return date.

He's set me off panicking as he mentioned trying works validium services again who I've used previous a few years ago the guy admitted he didn't have enough sessions with me to help enough and when I was at my lowest at Christmas night I called them asking for support and they basically told me it was beyond what they could offer so my impression of them isn't great but I'll give it another go if it helps.

He mentioned that there's got to get to a point where if they've exhausted all there options then there would come a point where they'd ask if I was able to furfill my contract.

I just feel so crap after the call like I told him I'm crying out for support doing what there telling me to do but there's nothing there.

All you can do right now is engage in all the support being offered to you. It might actually help you to get better. Ok, so things didn't go well last time with Vilidium but things are different now and maybe something will click into place.

Your employer is right, there has to be a point where either you are able to return to work or they have to let you go but there are a few more steps to try before that happens so don't be bullied by them. Also if you do reach a stalemate DO NOT resign. They will tell you that you have to cos you aren't living up to contractual duties but thats not true. In fact to terminate your contract grounds of incapacity they have to pay you any accued holiday and 1 weeks pay for each full year you have been in their employment (you may need to check that with your union rep or CAB) but if you resign you get nothing.

Thanks I'll call validium tomorrow I'm open to anything.

I just hate the way it's left me feeling worthless, feeling sick like it's knocked me for six. Then it brings back me thinking all the negative thoughts like it's inevitable.

I can understand that this feels like a negative point of view, but you're being offered other counselling services. If you're offered it, take it.
    He does raise valid questions about what you are doing to help push yourself to go out etc. That's a relevant question. What are you doing?
    Have you started talking to your OH yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I can understand that this feels like a negative point of view, but you're being offered other counselling services. If you're offered it, take it.
    He does raise valid questions about what you are doing to help push yourself to go out etc. That's a relevant question. What are you doing?
    Have you started talking to your OH yet?
    Well I was just hoping the nurse would help push me or offer some advice. I've lost the support of the mental health practitioner and it felt like he was the only one that understood how I was feeling.

My partner knows I struggle with my anxiety but hasn't offered much support tbh half the time I feel like I deal with it on my own. Today I could of done with speaking to somebody so spoke to her about it, she listens but doesn't offer any advice. My parents don't know what to say to help and I get the impression my sister just wants to avoid talking about the whole situation and how I'm feeling. My so called friends from work no longer check up on me.