Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for somewhere to turn.

dcalong

Looking for somewhere to turn.

Hi,

So I've just joined this site and I'm looking for support or just somewhere I can talk and people will respond. I have a habit of pushing away the people I care about and the more it happens the more depressed I become. I'm at the stage of over thinking things and need somewhere to let it out.

Justchris
    I’m all ears for people like you buddy, a perverbial pat on the back for both of us to join this site. There’s no pressure here, no judgement. I think I’ll end up using this site a lot moving forwards. Please don’t bottle it up anymore I know how awful it gets

I joined here in 2012 and it’s the first time I had ever had peer support. It’s made a huge difference to me over the years and I hope we can do the same for you both
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

CaterpillarGirl
    I've only been here for a week and have found it really helpful, I'm sure you will too, it's nice to feel like you can be open about things you might not want to talk about with your friends and family and know that nobody is going to judge you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CaterpillarGirl For This Useful Post:

dcalong
    Thanks all for the replies, I've kinda pushed all my friends away so don't have anyone to talk to at this stage. I've been constantly overthinking a situation that happened with a family member that's now not responding to my texts, even with the apologies. It's a shame when someone has been so grateful for all the help you've given them and how quickly you can change their opinion of you. Must stop overthinking this situation, it's been two and a half weeks already.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I joined here in 2012 and it’s the first time I had ever had peer support. It’s made a huge difference to me over the years and I hope we can do the same for you both
    Pfft, newbie.. I've been here since the beginning lol...

Seriously though, I love this place. Everyone is super friendly, no one judges and everyone is here because in some way our lives have been touched by mental health illness and in particular depression. This is a safe place...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (23-07-18)

dcalong
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Pfft, newbie.. I've been here since the beginning lol...

Seriously though, I love this place. Everyone is super friendly, no one judges and everyone is here because in some way our lives have been touched by mental health illness and in particular depression. This is a safe place...
    Thanks Suzi, it's nice to be able to be somewhere where other people understand. I've been depressed for about 10 years with the past two seeing panic/anxiety attacks and I'm bored of people saying I need a holiday or go for a day out somewhere, if only it were that simple!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dcalong For This Useful Post:

Suzi (23-07-18)

Hey if it was that simple then this place wouldn't be needed, and I firmly believe that it is very, very much needed..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

dcalong
    Yes I think I'll be here quite regularly now. I'm looking at a new counselling service on Thursday after trying CBT but didn't actually get anywhere with it.

Justchris
    Quote Originally Posted by dcalong View Post
    Thanks Suzi, it's nice to be able to be somewhere where other people understand. I've been depressed for about 10 years with the past two seeing panic/anxiety attacks and I'm bored of people saying I need a holiday or go for a day out somewhere, if only it were that simple!
    The one that grinds my gears the most... you’re lazy.