Thread: Hey everyone, new and need help

Justchris

Hey everyone, new and need help

Hi guys.
    I’ve been dealing with depression since I was about 14/15, and I’m now 28 yrs old. It’s been so long that I guess it’s almost a part of me, kind of like an arm or a leg.
    I still have faith that there’s a brighter future and I’m willing to try anything to get myself there. I’ve tried a lot of tactics over the years with little joy, I hope by opening up to people who can relate to me I might finally start edging towards happiness.
    Somethings gotta change folks, I can’t live the rest of my life feeling like a horrendous failure to myself and to the people who have enough patience to still be around me.
    It’s all or nothing now, this isn’t a life worth living.
    Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for reading

Hi and welcome to the group.
    Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling? Have you tried meds? Therapy?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi Chris, welcome to DWD as Suzi say's have you been to seen your doctor have you had any form of treatment (meds/therapy)?
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

CaterpillarGirl
    Hi, I'm the same as you, suffering from depression since I was a teen, now 31, I joined here last week and have already found it to be very helpful, everybody is warm, welcoming and encouraging, I hope you find it as helpful as I have

Justchris
    Didn’t expect such prompt replies, already feeling the love

Yes I have been to the docs, I’m on mirtazapine and I’ve been through family counselling as a teen and CBT more recently. It has given me a few more tools to cope with depression like distraction techniques but it hasn’t solved the problem. It feels like I’m fighting the tide

I've just read your other thread and replied
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!