Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Book 2: Cogheart Discussion/*spoilers*

Yay! Does that mean we can start talking about it, Suzi?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sorry, go ahead without me this time. I didn't get the book yet, and I'm enjoying the books I'm reading at the moment.

Go ahead! I've not had chance to finish it yet, am hoping I can over the weekend, but yes! Please do start discussing it!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

CaterpillarGirl
    I guess I will start by saying I really enjoyed it, it's been a while since I got so engrossed in a book

I've finished it! Any thoughts?

I totally loved it! I loved the mix of victorian and steampunk, with the elements of horror and thriller as well as being a really good story!

I love how this sort of book is available for YA. In my day it was Enid Blyton (not that EB wasn’t fab, just would have been nice to have something a bit grittier). Malkin made the book for me - he’s funny and cute and soooo loyal, and so human for a mechanimal
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I completely agree! I loved the dark elements and the funny softer side! The thrilling chases and the mystery, betrayal, death all in one fantastic story. So often the story gets lost or the ending is really naff - personally I loved this ending!

I'm so glad that I have the sequel and can look forward to the 3rd one coming out!

CaterpillarGirl
    Did anybody else figure out that professor silverfish wasn't to be trusted? I disliked him straightaway but couldn't figure out why.
    I didn't know there was a sequel, I'll have to get it for Lena

Moonlocket is the next one

There was something creepy about him, but I tried to dismiss that as "a grown up reading too much into him" lol....
    Did you get that "OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as Robert's Dad died? I could have cried!
    Anyone else love Mrs Rust as a warm and loving guardian? Anna I could see being a huge part of their lives..

I’ve just finished Moonlocket and I think it’s even better.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (17-08-18)