Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction

Noel

Introduction

Hello all , I joined as I am having a hard time with depression and anxiety again .
    I have been on sertraline 100mg for 20 years and it has helped , although my symptoms come back every year in the spring / summer .
    I have increased to 150mg ,7 days ago . I am hoping this will be a better dose for me to help maintain my depression and anxiety problems.
    I will have a browse through the forums for now .

👍

Hi Noel, I've been on and off Sertraline for about 25 years, initially 50mg now I'm on 100 mg and autumn/winter was always when the severe depression kicked in.

Just look round the forum and see what we have to offer, I'm sure you'll find this a very friendly place
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Noel
    Thank you OldMike , it helps to know others understand.

Hi Noel and welcome . We’ve got a lot of members who, like you, have lived with this illness for a long time (I’m coming up to 30 years....). It’s a warm, supportive forum and a positive place to be

Did your doctor remind you that a change in dose will take several weeks to start having an impact?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Hi Noel and welcome to DWD. Have you ever had any talking therapy?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Noel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Hi Noel and welcome . We’ve got a lot of members who, like you, have lived with this illness for a long time (I’m coming up to 30 years....). It’s a warm, supportive forum and a positive place to be

Did your doctor remind you that a change in dose will take several weeks to start having an impact?
    Hi Paula , the doctor did remind me . The thing is in the past I tend to feel better
    towards the end of summer even on the 100mg . But I am hoping the increase long term will help lessen the impact or chance of yearly relapse.
    I don’t know why the summer triggers my depression but maybe it could be a simple dosage increase could keep me well all year , or at least make it a bit easier.
    To be honest I was a member on here a few years ago but I didn’t really post much . Then I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 so joined a bipolar forum . But I feel like I am not convinced of the bipolar dx .
    It is more like recurring summer seasonal affective disorder .
    The sertraline has helped me but not enough to help all year . I forgot all my old log in details so thought it best to start a fresh .
    Thanks for your reply 🙂

If you remember your old username I can see if I can find the posts for you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Ah, then welcome back!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Noel
    Hi suzi , I am going to ask the pdoc about cbt as I have heard some good things about it . I may have used the username Liam ? But I am not sure . I tried searching but it wouldnÂ’t allow it .
    Thanks for your reply ��

Sorry I don’t know what them question marks are . I was meant to put a smiley ��
    Last edited by Suzi; 21-07-18 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Merging posts. Please try not to double post minutes apart. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Sorry I don’t know what them question marks are . I was meant to put a smiley ��
    Lol, you can’t post normal emojis from your keyboard, but we do have a range of emojis available - click on the smiley in the bar above the text field