Thread: Intro

Andy62

Intro

Hi Folks

I'm a 55 year old bloke, been suffering from depression for years but recently been having some blips so thought I'd try the forums. I was hoping to find out if anyone else had suffered in the same way and how they cope(d) with it...I'll post all the gory details in the correct thread.

Depression's one of Those Things in life that we have to cope with but it helps to have an understanding ear so I also thought that I could reciprocate at times. Been on all sorts of drugs to help with it although my latest success has been with natural remedies. I try and balance work/non-work time (not always successfully) as that also seems to help to cope.

I'm pleased to have found the forum and hoping for a mutually rewarding relationship with it! :-)

Andy

Hi and welcome to DWD. I hope you find talking here helps. Have you ever discussed your mental health with your doctor?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hi Andy welcome to DWD, I'm sure you'll find this a very friendly place.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Hi Andy and welcome
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Drew
    Hi Andy, I hope you find the DWD forum helpful, I certainly have. I very much understand where you are at the moment as I’m going through similar circumstances. Good luck and if you need a sympathetic and understanding ear I’m happy to listen.