Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Recent Setback

Norm
    The induction went well, asked me to work today and tomorrow, so far so good. At least I won’t be stressing about starting whilst I am away next week.

That’s brilliant! Well done
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That's brilliant! What is the job?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Norm
    The job is a van driver for a supermarket. Got a 25 hour a week contract which works well for me. Nothing stressful,everyone there seems to enjoy the work and once you are loaded and out on the road there's no-oneto bother you so perfect.

We had a great holiday, really enjoyed New York, saw some great shows and enjoyed the sights. I admit I freaked out a bit a couple of times walking though an incredibly busy Times Square and aborted a night out because of it but otherwise I was ok.

I came home to a letter from my former employer confirming the dismissal, part of me wants to go after them for discrimination or at least see if I had a case to pursue but my wife thinks I should just put it all behind me.

While part of me thinks their actions should be investigated, a larger part agrees with your wife, particularly as you have another job.

Im so glad you enjoyed your holiday. I’d love to go to New York!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I completely agree with your wife - I really think it's time to focus on the future and giving yourself time to get better too....
    Oh NY sounds amazing!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!