Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recent Setback

Sorry lovely..... Do you have anything to go to or are you going to be applying for benefits to tide you over?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Norm
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Sorry lovely..... Do you have anything to go to or are you going to be applying for benefits to tide you over?
    As luck might have it I have an interview lined up for tomorrow so we will see how that goes. If unsuccessful I will probably waited claim benefits till after my holiday as I am getting paid for the month anyway.

Good luck today, will be thinking of you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I hope the interview goes well.
    WRT benefit application - it takes a long time, so I would urge you to apply sooner rather than later...

Norm
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I hope the interview goes well.
    WRT benefit application - it takes a long time, so I would urge you to apply sooner rather than later...
    The interview went ok I guess, I will hear towards the end of the week, still have the issue of a reference from the *#@*# to get around when any job offer comes around though.

I registered for JSA today, have an interrogation, er, interview at the Job Centre on Thuresday. Of course go away on holiday the Friday after so will have to sign off then go through the whole thing again on my return. Unless I get that job of course.

Strangely, my mood has shot up since Friday. I think that place was the root cause of my problems this time.

Usually, ex employers don’t like to get themselves stuck in a legal wrangle if they give a bad reference, so usually settle for just writing “*** was employed by *** company as a **** between 00/00/0000 and 00/00/0000.”
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Good luck for the job and the benefits signing on...

Norm
    The good news is I got told I got the job yesterday 👍

I have an induction day on Monday and I would imagine will start properly after my holiday. The really good thing is that I did t need to give them my last employer as a referee.

It was a much needed boost as I have been very low this week and spent much of the time in bed or vegging out on the sofa. Thursday was a particular low point after going to the Job Centre to register then seeing my old job appear on Indeed.

I’m now starting to look forward to our week away. Pretty sure o was going to cancel it if I was out of work.

Congratulations!

That's brilliant! Congratulations! Enjoy your holiday!