Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recent Setback

Norm
    I was intending getting out a bit but a tooth extraction at the dentist put paid to that. Been feeling even more sorry for myself on the sofa.

I went out a bit earlier, just off to a garden centre for some stuff but out all the same. I have come home feeling quite unwell really but hoping it passes over as I am going back to work tomorrow. I’m not in any better frame of mind than I was on Wednesday but fear that if I don’t do it tomorrow I might not want to face it at all.

Feeling unwell in what way? If you're not well enough to go back, then you aren't well enough...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Norm
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Feeling unwell in what way? If you're not well enough to go back, then you aren't well enough...
    Hard to describe, may just be a combination of the heat, pain I am in with my mouth and anxiety.

Anyway, I’m up and heading in soon.

How's it going?

Norm
    After another 3 weeks of tiredness and low mood things finally came to head today.

Yesterday I had to take another day off. I was feeling awful when I woke up, really couldnt get myself out of bed. Finally managed to move and got up however found that one of my pet birds had died (22 years old) over night so decided to take the day off.

Today I went back.Was approached by one of the engieers who said something i picked before was wrong. I was a bit rude back to him, didn't think much of it was we tend to banter back and forth and thought he would take it in that manner. However, he reported me to the boss who called my into a meeting before finishing time.

I said my bit and held my tongue but when the boss said he would think of how he would deal with this and have another meeting with me tomorrow I said "don't worry you obviously want rid of me so i'll give you a letter tomorrow".

So, looks like I am now out of a job again. I had already decided to go in my time and hopefully get something with less hours but am now worried I won't be able to get a reference from them if needed. I have worked my guts out for the past 8 months, for the last 2 somehow found strength to carry on and probably put my health at risk but they have no knowledge of depression and that things can be a tad unpredictable at times.

Now I have no idea as to what the future holds.Bleak.

Oh no! Do you want to go back? Can you speak to your boss and explain you are struggling mentally right now?

I’m so sorry, Norm
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Norm
    Oh no! Do you want to go back? Can you speak to your boss and explain you are struggling mentally right now?
    They are not the sort of company that gives a damn about little things such as mental health. I have been really frustrated over the past few weeks and had decided to move on but in my own time of course.

Looking at my contract last night it appears that resignations have to be in writing so I can always pretend nothing happened. If they want me gone then they will have to fire me.

Are you part of a union? Can you get some advice?

Norm
    Are you part of a union? Can you get some advice?
    I was called into a meeting this morning and dismissed so that’s that!

Apparently there were some “ performances issues” as well as yesterday’s thing. Complete nonsense in my opinion. The stuff I mucked up I had asked for assistance on several occasions last Friday and non was forthcoming.

I said to them no allowance has been made re my mental health and they were poor managers for not noticing. I have had to use strength I didn’t know I had to get through the last few weeks and this is the thanks I get. I should have taken the doctors offer of a sick note last month.

Not sure whether to feel happy or sad now. Once this sinks in I’ll probably have a good cry then get on with it.