Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello everyone, Im new here

When she’s as low as she is, you might find that she responds better to ‘I love you, I’m here for you’, rather than you trying to find a solution to all this. When you can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel, it feels like there’s no point in even thinking of a way out.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (10-07-18)

Have you told her that you love her, you want to be there with her to help her fight this together? Does she think that this is a place of doom and gloom? I like to think of this as a positive place and a place where friendships form too....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (10-07-18)

This is definitely a place where we can have a laugh and a giggle as well as discuss more serious stuff and has helped me no end.

Just tell her you love her and are there for her.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Suzi (10-07-18)

YellowStarling
    Of course I have told her that I love her (every day), and also that we are going to get this all fine together. She is worried that she will not find any friends if she isn’t working, as people will judge you for it which I guess they do. In the last couple off days she has been stressing a lot and trying to find jobs and didn’t get any positive feedback, which is why I tried to suggest different approaches. I told her that I don’t expect her to work and that it’s something she needs to do/ decide for herself (we are ok money wise), but a few stupid people’s comments have made her anxious about how she is seen. I feel that I need to help her because she is so distraught and I think we came up with a good plan but everything is so hard

8. The Following User Says Thank You to YellowStarling For This Useful Post:

OldMike (10-07-18)

I love that you're being so loving and supportive! I also know how hard that role is, so remember to be kind to yourself too...

YellowStarling
    There will be good and bad days I guess. Thank you all for your kind words, and helping me when I felt hopeless myself. Things have been better in the last week and I hope you are all keeping well, too. I just logged on to wish you a nice day because you are a great little group here

Glad things are going OK atm! Long may it last!

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I hope things continue to get better
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm glad you've had a better week and long may it be so.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"