Hi everyone and thank you already in advance, it's great to know there are people out there who understand
I decided to join here and reach out because my partner is suffering from depression and anxiety, and I am not sure how to best support her. We recently moved to the UK and are a bit isolated, especially my wife as she is not working and thus has not made any friends yet.
My wife has been suffering from depression since her teens, and it has gotten worse again in the last few years and I fear she might be heading for another breakdown. This is partially because her health has been declining (progressive genetic disease), but also a log history of depression and anxiety.
She talks to me, which is good, but I am finding myself more and more hopeless myself becase I am not sure how to support her. She has an appointment with a councillor in a few weeks time but it just seems like so far away...
Her family are well meaning but completely counter-productive and if I turned to them I'd make things worse because they'd call her non stop and suffocate her.
Sorry for the long initial post but I tried to summarise the situation as best as possible