Page 58 of 121 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis and tiaras *Possible SU Trigger*

OMG I'm loving strictly!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    OMG I'm loving strictly!
    I loved it last night! Such a high standard already

My poor Polo is not very well. He hurt his paw on Thursday and it’s not getting better - he’s so stressed, bless him. If he’s not any better by tomorrow I’m going to have to take him to the vets. Thankfully Katie’s got the day off and can help me.

We were supposed to have our ground floor flooring laid this week. It’s a 3 day job and we need to have screed put down which means staying off the floor for at least 4 hours. So Si was supposed to be taking Monday to Wednesday off work to keep the dogs out of the way. Except he told me yesterday morning that he’s too busy at work. The floor is now not being done until the end of October, which also means the stairlift can’t be fitted until November.......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh no for Polo and for the stair lift! That's so frustrating!

Frustrating ..... that’s the word I threw at Si
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Yes, I'm quite sure that's the word.... lol

Poor Polo, that's so annoying that you can't have the floor done for another month.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Yesterday was a challenge. Jess was supposed to be in college at 8.50am and didn’t leave til 11.20am. She then rang me from the bus stop to say her bus hadn’t turned up, expecting me to give her a lift. I refused - she can’t leave the house 3 hours late and expect others to pick up the pieces. I’d previously promised that I’d leave her alone if she was late - she’s 17 and needs to take responsibility itms. Anyway, she didn’t take that well. Then, in the afternoon, I’d got a call from her Politics teacher to say she’d misses the last 5 lessons and her attendance for Politics was down to 54% - and the lesson she missed yesterday was planning for an essay that’s part of her exam, which is being done under exam conditions tomorrow. I negotiated with her teacher and he’s going to do planning with her when the others are doing the essay, and then she’ll do the essay in a study period. Of course, when I tried to talk to her, she got defensive and angry, and it was all my fault.

I’d really hoped things had got easier between us. I’m tired of constantly battling

I'm so sorry lovely...
    Is it just politics she's not turning up to?

Yeah, History is 100%, Sociology 84% (probably just one lesson this early on in the term).: She loves politics so I don’t understand the problem, and she isn’t talking.

And I have to take Polo to the vets this afternoon. He’s been limping since Thursday and we hoped he’d just pulled a muscle and rest would sort it out. But it hasn’t ......

Deep joy, this week just keeps getting better. I’ve been to the vets with Polo - his arthritis is bad in his 2 front legs. But the issue is he’s got an infected graze on his elbow so the vet thinks he might have sprained it - and he’s knuckling his paw so he’s concerned there’s nerve damage. Adding to the pain meds he’s already on, he’s on antibiotics and Gabapentin for the nerve problems.